Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody got a mac running windows

Default Anybody got a mac running windows

was wondering if anybody on here uses a mac with windows on it? and how well it runs any problems etcc

Yes its fine. i never have a need for tbh.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Urgh!

Surely the whole point of buying the mac is to get away from that horrible OS?

Over the years I've used various arrangements of bootcamp (ie split install, choose windows or OSX at boot time), VMware (when I had access to a corporate £icence), and Parallels. The latter two providing a virtual bios on top of OSX onto which you can install anything, including windoze.

I still have Parallels on the backup imac here simply because I have a pile of old Outlook .PSTs from circa 2005 that I can't be bothered to convert.

To answer the point, I had no significant performance, connectivity or driver issues with any of the above options using the mac for general day-to-day windoze office and multimedia type stuff.

It runs like windows, so no. Of course it doesnt work very well.

For the few time I need to use windows I have a cheapo xp desktop.

It's like buying a nice new shiney Pioneer playout and running it through skytec speakers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    Of course it doesnt work very well.
    That's just not true. Sorry.

The concept works very well, but when you're actually inside windows, different story.

How so?

Under bootcamp and using the virtualisation products I've used windoze versions of Office 2007, Photoshop CS...3 I think maybe 4, Adobe Premier Pro and even OTS DJ - so a fair mix of taxing software.

It ran as I might expect it to on similarly-specced generic Intel hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    How so?

Under bootcamp and using the virtualisation products I've used windoze versions of Office 2007, Photoshop CS...3 I think maybe 4, Adobe Premier Pro and even OTS DJ - so a fair mix of taxing software.

It ran as I might expect it to on similarly-specced generic Intel hardware
    I used bootcamp once, and yes it ran windows fine. But it was still was still windows.

I'd just never trust windows in an important situation myself for reasons like random not responding, random error messages. I'm not a windows geek, im a mac geek so I don't know what they mean

I once had my "End now" window, not respond. So I had to "End now" my "End now" window.

So yes mac can run windows fine. But it still doesn't work well, is what i'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    So yes mac can run windows fine. But it still doesn't work well, is what i'm saying.

Right then. Glad we got that sorted. What you're saying is that in your opinion windoze is crap.

I agree.

But the OP asked whether mac hardware would run windoze OK.

The answer therefore is that it runs windoze as OK as any other compatible hardware would.

Got there in the end.

depends how you read that. Its a good feature and a useful tool for someone moving from windows to mac.
    You will honestly not need it after a week as you can get plug ins and applications for almost all windows files now.

I would say as its a hefty program it will slow your laptop and i would not have it on when Djing just incase. 2.5 ghz macbook.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/