Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: running xp on mac via bootcamp

Default running xp on mac via bootcamp

Hi I have just installed xp sp2 on my mac via bootcamp and running vdj, i am experiencing very high cpu usage does the mac OS run in the background, my mac is late 2007 with snow leopard and 4gb of RAM although windows says 2.98gb

Quote Originally Posted by gharbud View Post
    does the mac OS run in the background
    No

4gb of RAM although windows says 2.98gb
    32-bit windoze can only address 3GB max.

Ok so if I had a copy of xp 64 bit would that run better usind vdj, because i keep getting blips in the music when the CPU usage goes up, I have never had the problem on any other laptopk

32 Bit XP is fine. High CPU usage can be caused by using a skin for VDJ thats not the correct resolution. Believe me it can make a huge difference

Try a difference skin that has the same native resolution to your screen, your mac should run vdj under bootcamp without any issues.

Also disable the battery monitor in the device managerand also wireless networking.

There is a whole list of things to tweak XP,vista etc on the VDJ forum for audio use.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

ok will try it when i get in will let you know

excellent mate, cpu usage hardly gets into the green until loading a track, one glitch i have now is im using an audio 2 dj souncard which has been working fine on my sony viao with windows 7, but music keeps cutting out somtimes even stopping completley?, i know its the soundcard because i dont have anyproblems when running through the headphone jack straight to mixer

excellent mate, cpu usage hardly gets into the green until loading a track, one glitch i have now is im using an audio 2 dj souncard which has been working fine on my sony viao with windows 7, but music keeps cutting out somtimes even stopping completley?, i know its the soundcard because i dont have anyproblems when running through the headphone jack straight to mixer
    in vdj make sure the sound card latency is set to auto in the performance options.

then in the control panel for the sound card increase the latency until the glitches stop.

You will have to relaunch vdj after each change for the changes to make a difference
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

think ive cracked it now, i used the updated driver 2.94 for the audio 2 dj souncard which i have read people are having problems with so went back to the old one and all is good :-)