Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Feeling tired & not enjoying gigs

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker Promotions View Post
    That's it though....you don't THINK.
    If you are serious about what you are doing and you also want to keep your relationship and reputation with your customers positive, you will have to bite the bullet and pay up as I said.
    They are obviously not happy, rightly or wrongly.

Just reading that back....you ARE offering a refund anyway as you are offering them a free function for up to 6 hours (why 6?) and free uplighting (again...why?).
    Because I do care and I want them to be happy. Parting with money is different to playing at a wedding or something. It's only my time at the end of the day.

...and that's why most people keep battering it into that head of yours that you are very lucky, fortunate and whatever else!!!!!!!
    You can afford to do something for free because you have the luxury of being at home with your parents with hardly anything to pay out. You aren't self employed. Ok, at 17 you may have concerns but come on sake!!

If I were you in the same position as you are Charlie, I would put it all in to either one thing or the other... Estate Agent or Disco Provider. I reckon there is a doubt in your mind as to what to do. Either the Estate Agent thing doesn't pay enough and you want to boost the income with DJing or vice versa. You don't seem to be able to commit to one thing. If you are living at home (lucky you!) then take some risks.

I also find the attitude a bit dodgy. It comes across like "Oh, they weren't happy but I'll sweeten them up with my cheeky chappy personality because I know they like me and I will offer them a freebie with extras to ease the pain" (because you can).

The more I read this stuff, the more frustrated I get and I have enough on my plate. There are lots of people that would like to be in your position and you just seem to take the biscuit (to put it ultra politely).

Charlie, I think you have learned from this. If you take a booking your word is a contract and you should have done it yourself. Then there would have been none of this,
    I have as I mentioned earlier done discos for 42 1/2 years. I have never passed a gig that I said I would do to anyone even when I had a really bad flu virus.
    If you cannot do a gig you should not take it on.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker Promotions View Post
    The more I read this stuff, the more frustrated I get and I have enough on my plate.
    Gary, can I suggest taking a forum break for a little while as this probably isn't helping you at this time.

Darren, I totally agree mate.
    Will do. Thanks.

Charlie,

As Booche has had his right of reply I'm happy to close this thread if you still wish?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Charlie,

As Booche has had his right of reply I'm happy to close this thread if you still wish?
    No, it's fine.

It's been such an emotional roller coaster, it would be nice to tie it up properly once the client has replied to my email.

You regret posting the first email sooooooooooo much that you decided to post another one.

Way to go, Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    You regret posting the first email sooooooooooo much that you decided to post another one.

Way to go, Charlie.

Huh?

I don't think that's bad? I only wanted to tie up the thread. Feel free to delete and close the thread as Shaun offered.

Thread closed.