Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Splitter

Default TV Splitter

I am looking for a splitter that will take a VGA (computer input) and output at least 2 phono (the yellow plugs) outputs.
    Has anyone seen one/used one?
    I know you can get VGA to phono adapters and phono splitters but I haven’t seen one combined. I would ideally like to keep the cabling down so one unit would be ideal.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
    It was here first.

Is this any good to you, Ajay?

Clicky

VGA to Phono will never give good result ever. Even with the high end Kramer switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    VGA to Phono will never give good result ever. Even with the high end Kramer switches.
    Agreed.

Its digital to analogue. If you let us know what you are trying to achieve probability recommend something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaysdisco View Post
    I am looking for a splitter that will take a VGA (computer input) and output at least 2 phono (the yellow plugs) outputs.
    Has anyone seen one/used one?
    I know you can get VGA to phono adapters and phono splitters but I haven’t seen one combined. I would ideally like to keep the cabling down so one unit would be ideal.
    On your outputs to inputs, are they both RCA/Phono ? or is one S-Video ?

The only reason i ask, is that i use one of these to input my VGA signal then output to RCA/Phono and S-Video...

Link Here

Hope that helps

Glenn
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I have one of those and it works ok, but because video is such a lower resolution than a normal PC output it will only look any good with photos and videos, you won't be able to see the desktop or icons very clearly.

As long as you're not running over too long a length, then just a Y-lead coming out of the video output should be ok.

Most TV/Display screens have VGA inputs these days, so I'd recomend sticking with that if you can.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    I had a feeling that would be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by kmssounds View Post
    Agreed.

Its digital to analogue. If you let us know what you are trying to achieve probability recommend something else?
    What I am trying to do is go from a laptop to two TV’s
    It’s for a karaoke gig I have coming up, at the moment I use the extended screen set up and use the VGA out to go to a TV.
    What I would like to do is duplicate this onto another TV; the other TV is on the wall so the easiest way I could connect to it is via the phono on the side.
    It was here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaysdisco View Post
    Thanks for everyone’s suggestions.

I had a feeling that would be the case.

What I am trying to do is go from a laptop to two TV’s
    It’s for a karaoke gig I have coming up, at the moment I use the extended screen set up and use the VGA out to go to a TV.
    What I would like to do is duplicate this onto another TV; the other TV is on the wall so the easiest way I could connect to it is via the phono on the side.
    Well, as my post states above, you should get yourself one of those adapter/converters which will do the job nicely

Thank you

Glenn
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post
    Well, as my post states above, you should get yourself one of those adapter/converters which will do the job nicely

Thank you

Glenn
    Thanks for the recommendation; I think it will do the job.
    It was just that, I was wondering if anyone else had any other recommendations before I go spending money.
    It was here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post

Thank you

Glenn
    Update:
    I went with your advice and got the adaptor you recommend.
    I have quickly tested it and it seems to do what I want, the resolution on the phono output isn’t great but for karaoke I can’t complain.
    Thanks once again for your recommendation and everyone else’s advice.
    It was here first.