Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimax UMDJS12T Deckstand & Dual Over Head Lighting Bar

Default Ultimax UMDJS12T Deckstand & Dual Over Head Lighting Bar

Hello,

I am currently in the process of upgrading my show and at the moment, I am using a cheap Prolight 4ft deckstand with dual overhead lighting bar. The deckstand has lasted me for about a year now and it is starting to fall apart and become slightly unsafe.

I am looking at getting a Ultimax UMDJS12T Deckstand & Dual Over Head Lighting Bar to upgrade my show.

I am looking to hang 4 Acme Dynamos, 2 Acme Magic Gobos and a Kam Starcluster 3D laser on the dual lighting bar for my basic package and for the advanced package, 2 Acme Dynarocks, 2 Pulse LED Par Can 56's, 1 Acme Impossibled and 1 Kam Starcluster 3D laser.

I will be using active speakers so all I will have on the shelf is, my playout slant top rack case and a laptop for music reference.

If anyone uses this stand, please comment below and tell me your thoughts on it.

Many thanks,

Tom.

Tom

I've got one with the dual bar, does the job great get the split upright though. If you work in a venue with a low (ish) ceiling you cannot get the uprights in! Caught me out a few times. They are quite sturdy and will take some stick I've had ultimax deck stands many years ago and they lasted very well.

If you look up my photo's from last weekend wedding you'll see

2 x dynamo's 2 x dynarocks, 2 x dynatwins & 2 x slimline par 64's. If I drop the 2 pars I can replace them for a LS Aqua laser.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDC View Post
    Tom

I've got one with the dual bar, does the job great get the split upright though. If you work in a venue with a low (ish) ceiling you cannot get the uprights in! Caught me out a few times. They are quite sturdy and will take some stick I've had ultimax deck stands many years ago and they lasted very well.

If you look up my photo's from last weekend wedding you'll see

2 x dynamo's 2 x dynarocks, 2 x dynatwins & 2 x slimline par 64's. If I drop the 2 pars I can replace them for a LS Aqua laser.
    I'm looking to get one with a dual bar also as I think dual lighting bar looks nicer than a single bar and you can hang more lighting effects with a dual bar.

I totally agree about the uprights catching you out on low cellings, I've had it done to me a couple of times with my Prolight stand.

I will check out your wedding pictures now.

I use Ultimax, not sure of model numbers but mine is the 4 ft version so it fits inside my booth, I have the 6ft cross bars but not used them for a while. I use the wind up pods in mine but have used the standard uprights which peg at regular intervals.

I have seen the cheaper stands such as Prolight, Rhino and KAM and they look far more flimsy. I have never had any issues with the Ultimax stuff falling apart or breaking and would highly recommend them.

I have various overhead bar combinations but mostly use 2 lengths of 1.25m double trusslight and at times I have had 2 wizards, 2 visio bars and 4 lasers on it with no issues...That's prob knocking on for 40kg, for larger jobs I use tripods or a square truss system.

One of the big advantages of Ultimax is spares are always available and there is a big range of add ons like wheels, shelves, brackets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Goodtimes View Post
    I use Ultimax, not sure of model numbers but mine is the 4 ft version so it fits inside my booth, I have the 6ft cross bars but not used them for a while. I use the wind up pods in mine but have used the standard uprights which peg at regular intervals.

I have seen the cheaper stands such as Prolight, Rhino and KAM and they look far more flimsy. I have never had any issues with the Ultimax stuff falling apart or breaking and would highly recommend them.

I have various overhead bar combinations but mostly use 2 lengths of 1.25m double trusslight and at times I have had 2 wizards, 2 visio bars and 4 lasers on it with no issues...That's prob knocking on for 40kg, for larger jobs I use tripods or a square truss system.

One of the big advantages of Ultimax is spares are always available and there is a big range of add ons like wheels, shelves, brackets etc.
    To be quite honest, I wish I had brought a Ultimax stand when I was looking for one instead of opting for the cheap Prolight one.

I am going for a 4ft one because I am trying to reduce the size of my show but still create a nice decent effect.

Am I able to get whinch pods for a standard Ultimax stand without buying the Whinch and Wheel stand from Ultimax?

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoTom View Post
    To be quite honest, I wish I had brought a Ultimax stand when I was looking for one instead of opting for the cheap Prolight one.

I am going for a 4ft one because I am trying to reduce the size of my show but still create a nice decent effect.

Am I able to get whinch pods for a standard Ultimax stand without buying the Whinch and Wheel stand from Ultimax?
    Yes the winch pods are available as separate items but remember you will need to buy the end frames to suit the pods as they are larger diameter tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Yes the winch pods are available as separate items but remember you will need to buy the end frames to suit the pods as they are larger diameter tubes.
    Would you be able to tell me which end frames I would require to use whinch pods?

Would you be able to tell me which end frames I would require to use whinch pods?
    If you give Ultimax a ring they will sort you out you just want the ones with the larger tubes to take the pods,then join with the 4 ft cross pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    If you give Ultimax a ring they will sort you out you just want the ones with the larger tubes to take the pods,then join with the 4 ft cross pieces.
    Thank you.

I was looking at buying the stand from here - http://www.htfr.com/product.php?productID=254152.

Would this make any difference?

Thank you.

I was looking at buying the stand from here - http://www.htfr.com/product.php?productID=254152.

Would this make any difference?
    Personally I'd contact Ultimax directly - I've had issues with HTFR before with items not being sent as they're out of stock (though showing available on-line) and 5 - 6 weeks delivery time being quoted in the covering letter.

Though in fairness they did some good customer service when I complained and they refunded more than the items worth as a good will gesture for the inconvenience.