Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAO: All Mac users. VDJ free on the app store

Quote Originally Posted by MORGEY View Post
    I have started to use the free version of VDJ and it does all that I could really want with my set up.
    I assume that if and when I do any proper mobile gigs that I would have to have the professional version to make myself legal. What is the right thing to do hear, as all I want is to use the free version that I have and would prefer to pay any performance fees for just that.

Well, you're breaching the licensing terms if you're using the free version for anything over than home use, so its probably fine for a house party at your home.

I assume you pay for your music, and also charge for your gigs - so get the legal version? Its all tax deductible, so £200 or less off your tax bill.

If you want some totally FREE DJ software, then check out "MIXXX";
    http://www.mixxx.org/

I've got this running with my VMS4, but not using the soundcard part. Its not a spot on VDJ/Other, but still very usable.

Jason
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

Thanks for the replies. I would prefer to pay £80.00 and get the basic virtual dj package so that I comply when and if I ever perform away from home.
    I will have a look at the other options but really like the way virtual dj works with my set up.