Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW - Google changes search equations

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    I watched a google tech video on youtube the other day. They will soon be lowering the priority given to keyworded domains. ie. WeddingDiscoEdinburgh. They recommended using a "brandable" name instead. I will be interested to see how this changes Mark Wild's Edinburgh website. He has got to the top of Google very quickly with a keyworded domain name.
    Lee
    My domain is also one of my brands

http://www.elliotsblog.com/exact-mat...be-brands-2692

I guess there must be people out there who are very worried about this ''google adjustment'' i myself cant see it making that much difference but we're see :?

Quote Originally Posted by Takeiteasy View Post
    I guess there must be people out there who are very worried about this ''google adjustment'' i myself cant see it making that much difference but we're see :?
    As with any Google "adjustment" there will be a number of folks clenching their butt cheeks

Generally, those who have all-out exploited a particular quirk of the existing algorithm which is under threat have the most to worry about.

Those who have well-rounded sites which take all general SEO techniques into account have nothing, or little, to fear. At the end of the day Google is still going to spew out x zillion results for any given search so a balanced site will probably notice a very small and possibly positive correction.

Must say am a little peeeeeed about it as i own a few keyword domains that i was sitting on waiting for the right time to do something with them

Ha Ho