Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving Heads

Default Moving Heads

After seeing Darren's & Shaun's superb podiums with moving heads, I've decided I want some.

I'm not going to copy there idea of the trussing but would like a pair of moving heads to run alongside the EFX's. I think that would make quite an effective lightshow.

I don't really know anything about makes/models/DMX etc so any tips and advice would be really appreciated.

I'd rather spend a bit more money on a pair of decent lights, then opt for the cheap iMove range.

I wouldn't mind buying second hand off eBay but I need to know what to look for and what to avoid.

Thank you in advance.

Martin Mac 250's

I know of a hire company that has about 100 in stock and I have heard they are selling them
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Have you got a link mate?

What sort of budget are you looking at, Charlie?

Link: AT Comms

They are about 5 minutes away from my house. The arts club I am a member of uses them to hire Mac's, trussing etc as I am the Lighting Assistant.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I use Showtec Phantom 250s, they do pretty much everything a Mac 250 does, for about a 1/6th of the price
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    After seeing Darren's & Shaun's superb podiums with moving heads, I've decided I want some.

I'm not going to copy there idea of the trussing but would like a pair of moving heads to run alongside the EFX's. I think that would make quite an effective lightshow.

I don't really know anything about makes/models/DMX etc so any tips and advice would be really appreciated.

I'd rather spend a bit more money on a pair of decent lights, then opt for the cheap iMove range.

I wouldn't mind buying second hand off eBay but I need to know what to look for and what to avoid.

Thank you in advance.

So you don't know anything about makes and models and yet you don't want to go for the cheap Imove range...

Slight badge snobbery there Mr Brown.

So two of them and two efx's would make a good show Danno?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    So you don't know anything about makes and models and yet you don't want to go for the cheap Imove range...

Slight badge snobbery there Mr Brown.
    TBF - I have seen them in action in a few clubs and the DJ at our school prom used them. I didn't really rate them.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    So two of them and two efx's would make a good show Danno?
    Two of them with a couple of LED pars makes a good show if they're programmed well
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Well after all the headaches the Martin Mac 250s I have used they would be the last ones I would use. xD Plenty of sticky heads, gobo errors, random hissy fits. Martin do better heads. I wouldn't turn you nose up at the Thomann heads! They will give you the best bang for buck over all.