Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: How to post photographs

Default How to post photographs

Hi Guys. I think this is possibly in the wrong section. Could it be moved if this is the case.
    I am thinking about posting a couple of pictures, but can't seem to find any instructions as to how to do it. Could someone please point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mike.

Right, since I can't find the answer with the search facility, I'll give an answer. When you post a thread, below the submit and preview buttons, are "Additional Options ". Click Manage Attachments, and you'll see instructions on the file formats supported, and size restrictions. At this point, I'm running out of knowledge, so I'll hope one of the cognoscenti turns up.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Hi Guys. I think this is possibly in the wrong section. Could it be moved if this is the case.
    I am thinking about posting a couple of pictures, but can't seem to find any instructions as to how to do it. Could someone please point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mike.
    From a new post (or new reply to a post) scroll down you'll see additional options and in 'Attach Files' a box called 'Manage Attachments'. Click on this. Then I usually double click on an image already in my computer and Click 'Upload'. This adds the picture to your Attachment folder. Go back to your open post and at the top you'll see 'Attachments' - click on the drop down arrow and your image should be showing, click on it to attach to the post.

There may be easier ways but that seems to work for me.

Thanks guys, I will give it a go.

It's sometimes easy to forget that not everyone knows the ins and outs of the functions avalable when posting on the forum. I've been meaning to put a FAQ section together for a while as we often get new members that aren't sure of how all the forum options work. So I'll start the FAQ section off with how to add attachments

Here's a step by step guide to attaching an image in your post...

ADVANCED POST REPLY
    Attachments can be added to posts using the 'advanced post reply' option that's at the foot of each thread.

ADDING IMAGE
    Click on the 'manage attachments' button.

BROWSE FOR FILE
    Click the 'Browse' button and locate the file on your PC you wish to upload.

ATTACH FILE
    Once you've located the file, click on it to select then click 'Open'.

UPLOAD FILE TO FORUM
    Click 'Upload' to upload the file to the MDD server which will attach it to your post.

CLOSE WINDOW
    Click on the 'Close this window' (which is located at the top or bottom) or the 'X' to close attachment dialogue window.

CLICK SUBMIT
    Enter the content of your post and click 'submit'. Your image will be included in your post.

In addition to uploading images to the forum you may remote link to an image posted elsewhere on the internet. Just click on the little image icon in the post reply options (see image below), and add the URL.

That's pretty much all there is to it. As well as adding images the following file formats may be added as an attachment, if and when required.....

bpm
    doc
    gif
    jpe
    jpg
    jpeg
    pdf
    png
    psd
    txt
    xls
    zip

Excellent post, Shaun, you know you're going to have to post a guide to resizing next, don't you?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Excellent post, Shaun, you know you're going to have to post a guide to resizing next, don't you?
    Will do.

Just a quick reminder of the following thread. The more input our members can give the better, and I may eventually get the new FAQ section off and running.

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=27504

Thanks for that Shaun. Just tried, it all worked ok. Now to post a couple of my set up.

I've learnt something new today!

I think I've added pics to posts before but I think I've managed it without really knowing what I was doing! I know now!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Once again, if there's anything you would like explained in the forthcoming FAQ (frequently asked questions) section, please add your suggestions to the thread linked to below.....

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=27504