Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Lighting Advice please

Default LED Lighting Advice please

I am looking to change my lighting show to make it easier to set up (currently I am using 4 x Abstract XP effects (moonflowers and barrels) plus XP controller, which may well be up for sale soon

I am looking to replace with 2-3 'plug and play' LED effects and would appreciate your views on the best ones on the market (they don't need to necessarily be the same kind of effects as I currently have). I generally work in small-medium venues (up to 150 guests).

I have looked at the 'Acme' range and have been impressed by some of their lighting but am open to suggestions.
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

I must admit that the Chauvet 4Play is a excellent piece of kit and has 4 moveable heads which can fill alot of space quite easily
    Dave

One I've had my eye on for a while. http://prolight.co.uk/item/invi02/?P...c0b1d3034ffe85 I believe Shaun uses one at either end of his bar. Will run master slave, DMX or with a CA8.

2 of those & a decent centrepiece should cover most of your venues
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 10-04-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    I must admit that the Chauvet 4Play is a excellent piece of kit and has 4 moveable heads which can fill alot of space quite easily
    Would it be feasible to hang that between the uprights on a 4ft Ultimax Dave?
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Yes there is 2 bolts (one on each side) which you could either fasten direct to the over head (holes permitting) or hang with 2 clamps

Just to give you an idea

Name:  13012011651.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  433.5 KB
    Dave

There you go Ian, one of them & the 2 that I linked to

Even better it shows you the clamps in this video

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ian8limelight View Post
    I am looking to change my lighting show to make it easier to set up (currently I am using 4 x Abstract XP effects (moonflowers and barrels) plus XP controller, which may well be up for sale soon

I am looking to replace with 2-3 'plug and play' LED effects and would appreciate your views on the best ones on the market (they don't need to necessarily be the same kind of effects as I currently have). I generally work in small-medium venues (up to 150 guests).

I have looked at the 'Acme' range and have been impressed by some of their lighting but am open to suggestions.
    I have been using amongst other effects American DJ Triphase and the Impossibled and or Matrix which are light in weight and good for coloured dots/shapes

I guess you need to be careful you dont get too many dots

Martin has sold me a

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    One I've had my eye on for a while. http://prolight.co.uk/item/invi02/?P...c0b1d3034ffe85 I believe Shaun uses one at either end of his bar. Will run master slave, DMX or with a CA8.

2 of those & a decent centrepiece should cover most of your venues
    I do. Fantastic little lights for the money. Like most lights though they work best with a little haze. For maximum light output that looks great without haze try the Kam Powerbar. More of a wash effect than anything else but it gives a nice show when used sound to light.

I will back Dave up 100% on the 4play, I hate dots but it is one of the only lights I use at every gig, It is faultless and will fill a big hall.

Cheers Dave I never even noticed the holes lol