Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Website - Opinions Please

Default New Website - Opinions Please

Hi Everyone - Hope you are all well

I've been putting it off for ages, but I've finally pulled my finger out and had a crack at re-designing my website and logo. I'm looking to merge my two aliases into ONE over the coming months and this is the first step.

I am NO web designer and it's still very much work in progress. But I wanted to open it up to you guys for feedback (good or more than likely bad!)

1. I know it's flash, I DO NOT understand HTML, so this is the best I can currently come up with.

2. It's NOT currently viewable via my domain, theres still some tweaking to be done. Especially with the "Gallery"

3. I know it's hosted by MOONFRUIT (even though It's designed in a completely different "offline" software package) and I know how much some of you guys HATE Moonfruit

I wanted to know how it looked from a client perspective, if it navigates easily and if there are any obvious errors to a third eye.

Looking forward to your responses already

http://basingstokediscos.moonfruit.com

Thanks for looking.

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

Website looks good to me but a few points.

- Could EASILY be done in HTML with a bit of research, making it load a lot quicker (it's quite slow my end)

- The twitter icon is stretched, this jumped out at me straight away.

- Clicking the logo would ideally take you back to the homepage (It's what I instinctively did.)

- Love the way it's laid out in a square

- Not sure on the font - looks a little squashed to me. Try Verdana, it's easy to read and web safe.

- Not a problem for me, but some people find it hard to read black on white.

- On bookings page you say "Terms & Conditions apply" - Where can I read these terms?

Brilliant start and a really nice design. Like the logo and the square as said before.

I hope you dont take my comments the wrong way (mines a 10 minute jobby and not as good as yours ), mearly a few things I noticed.

Great start there
    Last edited by Cowlinn; 12-04-2011 at 07:09 PM.

It's incredibly slow and nothing to get excited about IMO.

The white font is small, I like the logo, the pictures could be better (slide slow format perhaps?) and the online enquiry form could do with more questions.

If you don't understand HTML, you would be better of paying someone to design the website for you and focus on good SEO.

It's a nice looking site with a cool logo but nothing to get excited about. I think it lacks information too.

It's extremely slow. Takes an age to load up.
    Steve

Back to the drawing board for me then.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Charlie, why would I spend an entire day "trying" to do it myself if I could afford to pay someone to do it???? And you need to get out more if you get "excited" over websites

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic Events View Post
    Back to the drawing board for me then.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Charlie, why would I spend an entire day "trying" to do it myself if I could afford to pay someone to do it???? And you need to get out more if you get "excited" over websites
    Have you thought about making a Wordpress site?

Plenty of themes readily available and free to download, loads fast and is generally a pretty good option.

Dont EVER use flash... thou SEO can work with flash its 10000times harder to get the results am sure you want

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic Events View Post
    Hi Everyone - Hope you are all well

I've been putting it off for ages, but I've finally pulled my finger out and had a crack at re-designing my website and logo. I'm looking to merge my two aliases into ONE over the coming months and this is the first step.

I am NO web designer and it's still very much work in progress. But I wanted to open it up to you guys for feedback (good or more than likely bad!)

1. I know it's flash, I DO NOT understand HTML, so this is the best I can currently come up with.

2. It's NOT currently viewable via my domain, theres still some tweaking to be done. Especially with the "Gallery"

3. I know it's hosted by MOONFRUIT (even though It's designed in a completely different "offline" software package) and I know how much some of you guys HATE Moonfruit

I wanted to know how it looked from a client perspective, if it navigates easily and if there are any obvious errors to a third eye.

Looking forward to your responses already

http://basingstokediscos.moonfruit.com

Thanks for looking.
    Erm always interested in helping BUT couldnt get anything just a black blank page

Thats using IE.

Gary ( Shakermaker) can sleep easy

Oh check out Joomla buddy... its the way forward these days

Not getting much other than a basic site...but I'm browsing on my iPad which of course has no flash support (and is unlikely to ever have). Something you might want to consider as iPhones are the same.