Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32bit or 64

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Now just to clarify i dont own a Apple product (wish i did) but for:
    Just throwing in my two pennies
    1: Why has it got windows installed ?
    Referring to my earlier post, what a waste. Swapping a stable operating system for an operating system that will crash from when you switch it on. It is like swapping a ferrari engine with an old Skoda engine

2: Try and get it back to Apple product as you will find it alot better
    Best course of action

3: Once back on Apple im sure you will find it wont get the error (Might be wrong and will await Vectis to rectify me)
    Decompression Error, would like to see the screen shot on that, but I have used VirtualDJ on MacBook with 2GB no problems here. Compared to PC version with the same RAM and simliar CPU, the MAC out performed it big time.

3: If you do stick with Windows (No idea why though) have you tryed XP as that is the lowest resource using OS apart from Win95 which im 99.9% wont do you any favours.
    Why stick with Windows when you can have Apple I do not think I will ever understand. However, I agree XP has the lowest resources, but the best OS i used with Windows 2003 server standard Core Installation.

Im currently running Vist 32bit on home pc with 4gb ram and a quad core processor and it handles all my design appz (i do have alot and i mean alot) and i can run VDJ 7 very easily without any lag/errors etc etc
    Do recommend you downgrade to XP with Service Pack 3

On my backup lappy for gigs i have a Dell with XP Pro and i run VDJ 6 on there and it runs very smoothly, every so often it goes right up on the CPU loading level but its only got 1gb ram installed
    Increase the RAM to 3GB and I personally would this one than the vista one

I think personnally you might be better off formating you main HDD and getting it back to Apple and then sort VDJ out for the Mac.

But again i dont own a Apple product so im litterally going off experiance etc
    To warp this up.. A Macbook pro with Windows installed on it. Say no more
    Jay Price - Disco Promotions Ltd - Making Every Event Count

Areas: West Midlands & Warwickshire

Just thought I'd add a little bit in here.... chaps, I cannot recall the reason, but there is a thread on here explaining why he's gone over to windows. Have a look through his previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Just thought I'd add a little bit in here.... chaps, I cannot recall the reason, but there is a thread on here explaining why he's gone over to windows. Have a look through his previous posts.
    Honesty there is no excuse to use Windows on a MacBook

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoPromotions View Post
    Honesty there is no excuse to use Windows on a MacBook
    There is and exactly why I do the same thing.

With VDJ half the plugins aren't available for the mac version. Its also more stable on windows (believe it or not).

And should VDJ crash on a mac it will shut the program instantly, under windows it will continue to play the current song to the end but refuse to load the next song giving time to switch to a backup source.

Other programs like traktor and serato definetely OSX but not for VDJ
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    There is and exactly why I do the same thing.

With VDJ half the plugins aren't available for the mac version. Its also more stable on windows (believe it or not).

And should VDJ crash on a mac it will shut the program instantly, under windows it will continue to play the current song to the end but refuse to load the next song giving time to switch to a backup source.

Other programs like traktor and serato definetely OSX but not for VDJ
    Fair Point if VDJ is not playing ball on Mac, but my only question is why not get Windows Laptop than Macback?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoPromotions View Post
    Fair Point if VDJ is not playing ball on Mac, but my only question is why not get Windows Laptop than Macback?
    VDJ does play ball on OSX but as I mentioned it runs better and has more plugins with windows.

One of the advantages of running a macbook with a dual boot system you can keep the windows side solely for DJing with and keep it clean and boot into OSX for general use like net surfing etc. so no need for 2 laptops
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

the reason why im using windows on the mac is because of compatibility, ive been using virtual dj for 4 years now and built up the database, now when i first got my macbook installed vdj, it doesnt recognise songs or playlists, or bpms etccc, so after a lot of forum searching, and people saying start again and youl have to reformate your drive, i just opted for putting windows on it, which a lot of people have done, and ive never had any problems with it up until now, but i have installed win7 64bit and all is good, i have never had any problems atall wen djing using windows xp vista or 7