Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disco World Ltd

Default Disco World Ltd

Has any had any dealings with Disco World Ltd?

I just had the phone slammed down on me as I complained about a damaged set of speaker stands delivered to me.

Thing was these were originally delivered 3 weekes ago with a ripped stand bag and I left the speaker stands in the cellophane wrappers while waiting for a replacement bag to be delivered and didn't bother to check them further.

I eventually opened the speaker stands and found one of the collars smashed and hence my complaint.

They said there was a 7 day time limit and I should have complained at the time.

I guess I am in the wrong for not checking them when deleivered - lesson learnt, but to slam the phone down on me is unforgivable in my book.
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk

I've delt with them before and never had any issues what so ever

Hope it gets sorted for you mate.
    Dave

That is strange. I have bought stuff from them a couple of times before and whilst they tend to just deal in budget DJ equipment, the level of service I have recieved from them was very impressive considering the tiny amount I was spending. Perhaps drop an email to the manager? It could just be an employee having a bad day for one reason or another.
    Atac Digital - DJ hire in Edinburgh and the Lothians
    http://atacdigital.co.uk/dj-hire/

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post

[I just had the phone slammed down on me as I complained about a damaged set of speaker stands delivered to me.]
    Wow Awesome customer service

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

This really isn't good.

Have you tried calling them again?

Maybe the phone was dropped or fell off the counter?Mind you if this was the case they should have phoned back immediately.

Paul

I thought you have 28days to return goods to a supplier ?

''The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980 gives legal rights to consumers in their dealings with retailers and service suppliers.

The Act empowers consumers to take action for themselves. Most issues under the Act are civil legal matters to be dealt with between the parties to the contract.

Under the Act, goods should be:
    Of merchantable quality - the goods are of an acceptable standard
    As described - false or exaggerated claims must not be made by the seller
    Fit for intended purpose - be fit for the purpose they were bought for
    Correspond to the sample
    Where goods do not conform to the above criteria, you are entitled under the Act to seek a repair, replacement or a refund.
    The legislation does not specify whether it is the retailer/supplier or the customer who chooses the form of redress to be offered.

However, if a repair is offered and accepted, then it should be permanent. If not, and the same fault occurs again, then the buyer is entitled to seek another form of redress from the list.

You can also reject the retailer/supplier's offer if you wish to seek another form of redress. If you do, you may have to take the matter to the courts to have it resolved''

I've never used them, but are aware of their business from a non-DJ forum (I develop for the same ecommerce platform they use).
    From posts of other DJ forums, they sound fine to deal with, and actually hold stock (as opposed to drop-shipping)

The OP will have entered a contract with them when purchasing;
    http://www.disco-world.co.uk/terms-c...ns/info_3.html

Follow their proceedure for returning goods... ie request an RMA number, and their returns policy sounds to be pretty good;
    "...we will ensure the item is collected from you"
    Last edited by Jason; 15-04-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

I've used them many times and they've always been spot on with no dramas.

I know at the moment they're preparing to move premises next week so things may be "up in the air a bit" so to speak.

I'd give them a call back as like I said they've always been great with me
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Takeiteasy View Post
    I thought you have 28days to return goods to a supplier ?

''The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980 gives legal rights to consumers in their dealings with retailers and service suppliers.

The Act empowers consumers to take action for themselves. Most issues under the Act are civil legal matters to be dealt with between the parties to the contract.

Under the Act, goods should be:
    Of merchantable quality - the goods are of an acceptable standard
    As described - false or exaggerated claims must not be made by the seller
    Fit for intended purpose - be fit for the purpose they were bought for
    Correspond to the sample
    Where goods do not conform to the above criteria, you are entitled under the Act to seek a repair, replacement or a refund.
    The legislation does not specify whether it is the retailer/supplier or the customer who chooses the form of redress to be offered.

However, if a repair is offered and accepted, then it should be permanent. If not, and the same fault occurs again, then the buyer is entitled to seek another form of redress from the list.

You can also reject the retailer/supplier's offer if you wish to seek another form of redress. If you do, you may have to take the matter to the courts to have it resolved''
    Key word highlighted.

Different guidelines for B2B.