Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disco World Ltd

Thanks for all the comments - I was more miffed about the phone being slammed down on me - more than the broken stand - I'm not bothered about the stands as they were only cheap QTX ones for mounting a LCD screen on each.

I'll get a pair of adam hall ones - much better and will last for ages.

Sad eh? but they just lost a customer!
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk

I had the same thing happen just before Christmas (that is have speaker stands delivered from Disco World and the collar on one was broke, probably the same QTX ones).

I emailed them pictures of the damaged one and they replied almost instantly saying they were looking into it. Next day I had a card from a courier pushed through the door to say they tried to deliver a package when I was out. Went and picked up the package and it was a replacement speaker stand. They didn't even ask for the damaged one back.

Used them quite a few times and never had a problem. Always seem helpful when I phone them.

The box they send them out in doesn't seem to be strong enough to cope with the treatment they get with couriers.

I've always found Darren at Discoworld to provide very good customer service. It doesn't sound like them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    I've used them many times and they've always been spot on with no dramas.

I know at the moment they're preparing to move premises next week so things may be "up in the air a bit" so to speak.

I'd give them a call back as like I said they've always been great with me
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I've always found Darren at Discoworld to provide very good customer service. It doesn't sound like them at all.

Also on Saturday and Sunday only they've got 20% off everything

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post

I'll get a pair of adam hall ones - much better and will last for ages.

Sad eh? but they just lost a customer!
    IMO that's not the right attitude.

You've paid for something you can't use. You should receive the correct item in a new condition. If you give up, then their attitude won't stop.

Give them a call on Monday and explain. I'm sure they'll sort you out.

I have used Disco World too and found them good and I have also met Daren and always thought he was a decent enough chap. I too would suggest phoning back and saying you are not happy about having the phone put down on you and that you want to discuss the problem.

I don't think it is right that you should stand the loss...no pun intended and walk away from it although I know how you feel and have done it myself, sometimes its just too much trouble.

I'm also not too sure if its as simple as the sale of goods and supply of services act, aren't there also other things coming into play with the distance selling and so on? I am also not too sure about signing for deliveries when they are not checked properly. I have taken and signed for deliveries many times without making the driver hang on whilst I open it and check it out...its just not practical. Mind you having said all that the issue for me would be the phone going down.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post

I also feel inappropriate to 'report' someone and jeopardise their reputation by starting a thread without having rang back first to find out what happened.

Does not sound like Darren (discoworld) to me.

I have bought from disco world in the past,and have to say i got a very good service.I was speaking to him on the phone last week and his advice was very helpful.

Sounds like it was someone having a bad day.

I concur with all of the good comments for Discoworld, they have got me out of the mire, many a time!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

+1 here for nothing but good experiences while dealing with Disco World.