Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Redirecting domains

ppentertainments

Default Redirecting domains

I have bought a couple of domain names for to use in the future. It will be a while before I get the sites done so have simply redirected them to sites in use (which still need finishing )

These domain names that are redirected - will they show up on google at all ??
    Will this have a detrimental effect on the site it is directed too??
    Is there any advantage at all in redirecting ??

For reference one site in question that is redirected is www.corporateracenights.co.uk if I have not explained this properly

The domain names I've purchased recently I've been informed won't show on any search engines, until they have sites built around them

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

My initial website is http://s352859511.initial-website.co.uk/?logincallout=1
    I have www.hammys-entertainment.co.uk re directed to the above link and yes hammys-entertainment.co.uk shows up in google before the first one does

Be really careful NOT to promote the domain names if they are not websites of their own.

I bought loads in 2005 and did exactly that.

I thought I could increase my advertising coverage if I listed 4 or 5 different domain names on all the free classified websites.

But because they all flipped to my website (lee-live.com) Google BANNED me 12months for CLOAKING!! For all of 2006 I wasn't even on page 20 for any search term!!

I had to join their webmaster programme. I had to create a new website and link all the rogue domains to that one to undo the damage caused to my main site.

I usually spend £2000 pa on Advertising. But that year I had to spend £4000 - mainly so that I could be linked to any site that was on the first page of Google so I could be found (albeit indirectly)

Hope no-one has to suffer the same.

Lee Live