Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity killed the cat, let's hope I don't suffer the same fate.

Default Curiosity killed the cat, let's hope I don't suffer the same fate.

If a twin Karaoke player has 2 video outputs, how do you connect it to the monitor?

For example a couple of players I've seen for sale lately have 2 RCA video outs (one for each deck obviously).

Just curious, as we don't do karaoke as a standard service & if we do it we hire in (the folks we hire from only do single players so the thought has never occured to me before)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Might being thick here but whats the issue?

My one I use a scart from player to the monitor and then s-video out to go into the pubs installed tv's.
    See edit.

I don't see how 2 RCA outs can go to a scart & if they can, what stops the graphics of the paused (cued up) track (the title screen) appearing over / through the lyrics of the track that's playing?
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    See edit.

I don't see how 2 RCA outs can go to a scart & if they can, what stops the graphics of the paused (cued up) track (the title screen) appearing over / through the lyrics of the track that's playing?
    Sounds rather odd and one I've not come across myself? I don't get the one for each deck bit either as you will only ever be playing one track at a time?

Don't happen to know the player in question, googling it might make it clear?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    If a twin Karaoke player has 2 video outputs,
    Via a video mixer, or a combined A/V mixer.

Eg. Denon DNX-600, Numark AVM02 etc.

Steve, you'll need a video mixer, or at lower cost, a video switch.
    The timing for each video signal will be different, and you can't simply join them together.

Soundwise, you'll go though a mixer.

So - you can connect RCA (composite video) to a scart (simple adapter from Tesco etc), but can't connect 2 video signals into one.

Jas
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

Sounds rather odd and one I've not come across myself? I don't get the one for each deck bit either as you will only ever be playing one track at a time?
    You only play one CD / MP3 at a time, but there's still an output for each deck on twin CD players or Media controllers. Just can't fathom it, when we've used the single player, when it's paused waiting for the singer to come up, the title of the song usually displays. If you're using a twin player, won't it try & display the title of the cued up deck while the playing deck is displaying lyrics?
    Don't happen to know the player in question, googling it might make it clear?
    Numark CDN25+G is the one that prompted my question

Ah, all is clear.

I think

A video switch? Care to enlighten me?

I thought it was going to be a thread about having a few hits in the 80's and then nothing since!

Hiya Steve, I have a Numark CDN25+G and only use 1 drawer, either right or left, come to that it could be left or right, for karaoke just using 1 rca socket to my monitor. I don't do much karaoke but have it just in case someone asks for it. Interesting to know the answer is get a video mixer or switch so 2 rca's, 1 each drawer, can be used.

Ideally if we do Karaoke again (hopefully not) I'd like to be able to use a twin player. As only having one deck really screws with the flow of the night.

I would assume this would do the trick? http://www.htfr.com/p/279224/soundla...deo_switch_box