Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New (bedroom) DJ

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

I see you're in Uxbridge, not too far from me (I'm in Staines), so I'm close enough to give you hand if you need it.

What sort of music are you going to DJ?

Cheers,
    Martin
    Thanks for the offer, I will bear it in mind

Personally, I'd like to get into DJ'ing and mixing dance/trance/electronic/dubstep etc (no disillusions of being a superstar, I just like the music!!) but from a business perspective, I'd like to be able to Dj with as wide of a variety of music as possible!

Dia duit

Quote Originally Posted by abbotsmike View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I will bear it in mind

Personally, I'd like to get into DJ'ing and mixing dance/trance/electronic/dubstep etc (no disillusions of being a superstar, I just like the music!!) but from a business perspective, I'd like to be able to Dj with as wide of a variety of music as possible!

Do a search for playlists on here as well - there's some good ones covering most types of parties.

Hi Mike, welcome along

Welcome alone dude.

I started off DJing to support (a) band(s) too: you'll find it a good experience to learn to play music that both compliments them (especially before/between sets) and contrasts them. Generally punters DO like a variety.

Also gives you the unique opportunity to see events/gigs from other points of view (ie live issues and DJ issues) which will stand you in good stead when you're out in your own right and encounter other bands/live artists. (It can be a source of clashes, as many other posts here testify to!)

Let us know how you go!