Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: martin magnum 650 smoke machine

Default martin magnum 650 smoke machine

stopped smoking after 5 months like the kam rubbish i bought at same price 80quid...now my mate has a qtx/skytec 700watter for 40 quid and not a problem in 2 years!!!! ADVICE NEEDED cant even get into it im guessing heater blocks maybe blocked or gone...

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Moved to technical help
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Which make of fluid did you use?
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Please repost without text speak
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 19-05-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Breach of forum rules.

Get an SD 300 hazer from Thomann for a £82.78 +£10 courier and you have 3 years warranty. Very good machines and built like Antari.

I think young Penfold was tactfully enquiring if you had perhaps been using some "Cheap and Cheerful" fluid, which may have contributed to the machine's demise.

The standard answer is to go to the chemists, but some Citric Acid powder, and run a solution of that through the machine. This can often clear a blockage. Running distilled water through on a regular basis can also help to avoid blockages occurring.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Cheap fluid will kill the machine in the end. I have the Magnum 650 and up until recently I used cheapo fluid. I bought some Martin fluid one day when thats all that was in stock and its so much better. More money but worth it. The pump isnt as loud now because its not being throttled trying to pump inferior fluid through. Our Kam machine doesnt mind cheaper fluid but the Martin ones seem to only work best with their own brand.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

i use the qtx/skytec fluid the pink stuff which i buy in bulk 20 litres 40 quid..its good fluid..it does say use martin fluid on it .now sent back to supplier and hes sending back to martin headquarters...

Have you tried cleaning it?

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
    It was here first.

Quote Originally Posted by big beat discos View Post
    i use the qtx/skytec fluid the pink stuff which i buy in bulk 20 litres 40 quid..its good fluid..it does say use martin fluid on it .now sent back to supplier and hes sending back to martin headquarters...
    Beware that it may void the warrenty if they find traces of other fluid in the machine. They may try and say it was the fluid that damaged it and its not down to them.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?