Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Laptop Help

If you buy something from their website and you don't like it - you can simply return it to any store. If you buy a product from their eBay store, YOU have to send it back to them (which a lot of people won't bother doing because it's a lot of much hassle - more money for Currys)

They are cutting down costs because you don't receive the customer service you'd expect in store or from their website.

It could also be an exclusive offer which in turn, advertises their outlet. This will intice people to visit more often, therefore buying more goods.

Psychological as well - people think they are getting a better deal because eBay is an 'auction site' Also, the payment method (paypal) is a lot easier/people will think bugger it.

Parting with cash or filling out your card details is a lot more daunting/traumatic than popping your password in and pressing 'confirm.' People may pull out halfway through entering there details - Paypal is an impulse quick method that doesn't require much thought.

It's hard to explain but I know what I mean.

AND - it's an OUTLET

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If you buy something from their website and you don't like it - you can simply return it to any store. If you buy a product from their eBay store, YOU have to send it back to them (which a lot of people won't do because it's too much hassle)

They are cutting down costs because you don't receive the customer service you'd expect in store or over their site.

It could also be an exclusive offer to their outlet. This will intice people to visit more often, therefore buying more goods.

Psychological as well - people think they are getting a better deal because eBay is an 'auction site' Also, the payment method (paypal) is a lot easier/people will think bugger it.

Parting with cash or filling out your card details is a lot more daunting/traumatic than popping your password in and pressing 'confirm.' People may pull out halfway through entering there details - Paypal is an impulse quick method that doesn't require much thought.

It's hard to explain but I know what I mean.
    I see some logic in that. Fair enough, point taken.

You'll have to let us know how you get on with it

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    I see some logic in that. Fair enough, point taken.

You'll have to let us know how you get on with it
    Phew!

Good night sir!

That's an impressive specification laptop for that money (i7 Core, 6Gb RAM). I've bought plenty through other outlet stores on eBay without any issues at all.

The other reason why it's cheaper on eBay is because they're competing with other sellers on eBay for business. If they priced it the same as their own website, it'd look expensive by comparison. As to the question 'why undercut their own website?' It's because they're losing revenue to people buying cheap laptops on eBay, so they need to get in on that business (and their competitors are doing the same - search for Tesco and Argos' outlets), regardless of the cost of doing so.

Just one thing to note though - a lot of the time goods sold through eBay are customer returns or open box products which they couldn't put on the shelf in their main store anyway - though I believe the listings (legally) should state if this is the case.

Incidentally, my main playout laptop is an HP EliteBook 6910p, which still retails at about £1300, but I got 2nd hand on eBay for £270 (ex business use) in perfect working order through an outlet store for a major business laptop provider!

Julian

Outstanding Laptop. Really neat, super fast, blue ray etc.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Outstanding Laptop. Really neat, super fast, blue ray etc.

I'd recommend it to anyone.
    After a couple of days?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    After a couple of days?
    After three hours.

I was up and running within 15 minutes, Microsoft office download and Anti virus took 5 minutes.

The full HD screen is fab and the sound is 'crystal clear'

It's bound to be fast with a Intel i7 processor and 6GB memory.

The casing and overall built quality is very good with one of the easiest keyboards I've ever used. It's nice to have a separate keypad for the numbers.

So yeah, at the moment I'm really chuffed.

Charlie 'Missed the point' Brown.

I'm glad it's working for you CB, but you are recommending something after only a couple of hours!

I see what you mean.

I'll let you know in a few months then.