Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: very strange

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    I had a similar situation last night with my Class D's with them sounding a bit crackled then after 10minutes they were fine
    Hi Dave, Its not a crackling sound its as Peter says "muddy, Woolly, Muffledy, Dull", Its sort of like they are holding back on their true sound

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Hi Dave, Its not a crackling sound its as Peter says "muddy, Woolly, Muffledy, Dull", Its sort of like they are holding back on their true sound
    Yeah sounded similar and the tops sounded abit crackly but like i say 10mins of "Background" music and all seemed well

Anyway wont hi-jack your thread mate hope you manage to sort the issue.
    Dave

Certainly sounds like a dry joint somewhere in the HF path , hope you get it sorted mate.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

just had a peek inside and its the top bit thats not working, I have swapped it over with the other unit to check its not any wires and it worked perfect, dont know what you call the top one but its the top endv, The small speaker bit would this be covered under warranty????

Figuring it ou its the neodymium high frequency compression driver

Tweeter
    Dave

just had a peek inside and its the top bit thats not working, I have swapped it over with the other unit to check its not any wires and it worked perfect, dont know what you call the top one but its the top endv, The small speaker bit would this be covered under warranty????Figuring it ou its the neodymium high frequency compression driver
    Good question, I don't know. Obviously, it should be, but the word "Thrashed" may be brought into play, in an attempt to avoid paying for the repair.

Under the circumstances, I'd be looking for having new crossovers fitted, and new HF units. Why did one or both fail? If you don't replace the x-overs, will a new unit fail also? How old are they?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Yep its the driver http://www.jacksmusicfactory.com/def...2414H-1_Driver they are only 4 months old so they will repair or replace, what causes a driver to fail though?? I never thrash them and treat them with kid gloves

Yep its the driver http://www.jacksmusicfactory.com/def...2414H-1_Driver they are only 4 months old so they will repair or replace, what causes a driver to fail though?? I never thrash them and treat them with kid gloves
    Faulty crossover is a possibility. Thrashing is a definite possibility. ( For some folk)

Well the thrashing bit is out then as I have never even seen the clip light come on, Only the green signal light, The shop tech is going to ring me tuesday when he is back so we will see what happens

Well the thrashing bit is out then as I have never even seen the clip light come on, Only the green signal light, The shop tech is going to ring me tuesday when he is back so we will see what happens
    Aha again. They're active, aren't they? More possibilities appear.

Let us know how you get on.