Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Show Vision Video Curtain

Default Show Vision Video Curtain

Anyone been using a Show Visioin Video Curtain regularly?

I got 3 shortly after they came out and they went round the AMPDJ meetings for review. thing is I have only used mine twice and of course they're still fine. I could do with 3 more as I have a regular use for them now and I'm wondering what they are like for things like wires cracking as they are being packed away and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Goodtimes View Post
    Anyone been using a Show Visioin Video Curtain regularly?

I got 3 shortly after they came out and they went round the AMPDJ meetings for review. thing is I have only used mine twice and of course they're still fine. I could do with 3 more as I have a regular use for them now and I'm wondering what they are like for things like wires cracking as they are being packed away and so on.
    Hi Andy
    I also had mine when they first come out..I have got 3 large led curtains and 2 deckstand curtains(i am after another deckstand curtain).I use mine every week between 2 and 3 times and never had a problem,althou the grey controllers feel cheap..They still dmx together ok and my customers love them..

I got the show vision video curtain (deck skirt version) when it came out and had to send it straight back. The 2nd time I used the replacement it went for a burton, but I managed to fix that the next day (a wire twisted inside meant the lights went to static after the first two rows). Apart from that I haven't had any problems (not that I use it week in week out mind), touch wood.
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

I've been using them since they first came to the UK. The first one was hopeless. Very badly made. Took weeks to get a replacement via Madeffects but that's another story.

The newer ones are a little better. Our current one is over 12 months old and gets used 3 times a week maybe and so far whatever problems we've had have been resolved. You do get the occasional bad connection which can normally be sorted by a squeezing the connectors through the cloth. It only gets 4 folds to pack it away and that helps greatly with longevity. Pack it any smaller than that and I reckon you could get problems.

With hindsight, I don't think the product is ideal for mobile use - it just isn't strong enough.

i disagree..As stated i use mine 3 times a week and i fold them in to a small suitcase so they are folded a number of times.I must of used them 200 times and still like new..I brought the one from a member on the forum and its been great although as stated grey controllers are not great but i asked for a new controller and 2 days later i recieved it and it seams a lot better made..