Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karaoke - what do you use?

To be honest, I can't actually remember...it's been one of those days today mate, busy with enquiries but I can't get this sunday out of my head...I'm dreading it.

So does anyone use a compressor/limiter with their kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I use VDJ. VGA lead from laptop into splitter, which then goes to the screens.

The songs are Mp3+G - the G being the graphics part.
    An excellent answer there Sir, which tellls me everything except what I wanted to know!

Do you use the MC6000 to control and select the karaoke tracks? Yes, I know how mp3+G functions, what I wish to know is whether the MC6000 can control this, or do you have to resort to the trusty rodent?

Gary, have you ever tried running the Berry mixer as a line from the Denon or do you always run the Denon from the Behringer?
    I don't know about anyone else, but I always run the Denon INTO the behringer, thus allowing use of the Denon as normal, and everything going through the Behringer. This gives in my opinion, the utmost flexibility, since I run the Laptop into the Behringer, not the Denon. Denon has Mumark D2 and Cortex into it, Laptop runs into one or two dedicated channels on the Berry, and the mics obviously go into the Berry for the effects.
    So does anyone use a ,compressor/limiter with their kit?
    A good question. When I was looking at the vast range of Behringer FOH mixers, I thought that the one John and I have actually had a form of compression on the mic channels. I'm pretty sure now that they don't , but there is one with that feature.

Some form of protection has got to be a good idea, especially when folk are using cabs costing the best part of a grand each.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Looking at what Peter said there... I have the Denon going into the Behringer. The Laptop goes into the Denon. I haven't used it straight into the Behringer as yet but may do now with the Soundcard if it's going to improve the quality? Saying that, the quality was fine when it was going from the headphone socket.

Do I use a compressor? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

Do you use the MC6000 to control and select the karaoke tracks? Yes, I know how mp3+G functions, what I wish to know is whether the MC6000 can control this, or do you have to resort to the trusty rodent?

You can do everything apart from search with the MC6000, otherwise you don't have to touch the laptop for music or karaoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Looking at what Peter said there... I have the Denon going into the Behringer. The Laptop goes into the Denon. I haven't used it straight into the Behringer as yet but may do now with the Soundcard if it's going to improve the quality? Saying that, the quality was fine when it was going from the headphone socket.

Do I use a compressor? No.
    Gary, my main reason for doing it the way I do, is that the Denon has four channels available at any one time.( Eight in total, but only four at once. ) Since I have six inputs available, normally I'd have to use the matrix to select which can be used at any one time. On Karaoke, I can keep the Numark and Cortex in the Denon, and run the Laptop into the behringer, thus having all sources on a fader at all times.

You can do everything apart from search with the MC6000, otherwise you don't have to touch the laptop for music or karaoke.
    Thanks for that. Seems to remove some of the advantages of a controller, if you have to use the keyboard and mouse to find the tracks in the first place.

I'll have to book a tutorial on one of these things soon,as I'm totally ignorant of them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Thanks for that. Seems to remove some of the advantages of a controller, if you have to use the keyboard and mouse to find the tracks in the first place.
    Not really. It's a very simple thing to click on the search bar and type what you are looking for. It's not overly technical and you only have to do this if you are either in a hurry or don't know where a specific track is.

What does everyone else use?
    Name:  optime2headband.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  16.0 KB
    Exit stage left...