Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Portable PA System

Default Portable PA System

Just asking...

What does everyone use for a portable PA system for say >>

Quiz Nights
    Background Music
    Zone Room
    Monitors
    Small Venues
    Speaches
    etc

I've recently purchased a Superlux SP108 - which i'm very happy with for what it offers.

It's like a cross between an active and passive PA

The mixer/amp fits inside the rear of one of the speakers and the other speaker has an empty compartment for leads etc

DESCRIPTION

Portable Sound System

The SP108 compact all-in-one design allows for ease of transportation, while its user-friendly controls offer ease of operation, making it the perfect choice for schools, churches, civic organizations and small musical groups. The SP108 features dual two-way speakers driven by a eight-channel, 300 Watt stereo powered mixer, making it ideal for both vocal and musical applications. Among many professional features, the mixer includes digital reverb and music/speech switch. The convenient accessory compartment storage for cables and additional microphones. This clever design allows the powered mixer to be installed in the speaker compartment or detached for easy positioning and access. The SP108 is a high-performance livesound system that will deliver your music or message where you go, indoor or out.

Features

Easy to carry, transport and setup.
    8-ch powered mixer with 150W+150W class D power amp, 2-band channel EQ digital reverb, and mic stand mountable.
    Powered mixer can be used either while installed in the speaker compartment or detached for easy positioning and access.
    Using optional microphone stand adapter, the powered mixer can be mount on a microphone stand.
    Storage compartment in the speaker cabinet for packing the included cables, and your microphones.
    8”2-way speakers can be used as mains or floor monitor.
    Built-in Powered Mixer
    The built-in powered mixer can be used inside the cabinet or taken out from the speaker and placed on a microphone stand through a microphone stand adapter.

Accessory Compartment

The SP108 involves a storage compartment in the speaker enclosure for storing the included power cable, speaker cable, user guide and optional equipments like microphones. Simply open the back panel of the speaker and put in the things which work with SP108.

Specifications Electronics

Maximum Output Power: I50 W+150 W/6 Ω @10 % THD at 1 kHz (SPEAKER L/R)
    Frequency Response: 20 Hz -20 kHz
    Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5% @ 20 Hz -20 kHz, +14 dBU
    Hum & Noise -20 Hz–20 kHz, Rs=150 Ω, MIC/LINE switch=MIC
    -67 dBu Residual output noise (SPEAKER L/R)
    -88 dBu Residual output noise (MONITOR OUT, REC OUT)
    Crosstalk (1 kHz): -70 dB between input channels
    Weight: 16.9 kg (mixer and two speakers)
    Power Consumption: 70W
    Stereo Input Channel Equalization
    Shelving turnover/rolloff frequency:

3 dB before maximum cut or boost
    ±15 dB
    HIGH 10 kHz shelving

LOW 100 Hz shelving
    Speaker
    Enclosure: Bass-reflex type
    Speaker Unit:
    LF: 8" (20 cm) Cone
    HF: 1" (2.54 cm) Compression Driver
    Cross Over Frequency: 4 kHz
    Frequency Range: 55 Hz–20 kHz
    Maximum Output Level: 112 dB (1 m)

They can retail between the norm: £349 right up to £429, but i managed to pick one up new from eBay on a 'make me an offer' price of £220

Link Here

Be interesting to see what others use - i've seen the QTX mobile one

Thank you

Glenn
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Yamaha Stagepas 300 which fits nicely in to it's own little suitcase on wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Yamaha Stagepas 300 which fits nicely in to it's own little suitcase on wheels
    Very nice i like that

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

I have 2 x Stagepas and a pair of WAudio PSR8 that I use for PA hire as well as the larger EVSXA100.

I must admit that for the last few quiz nights, I've used the QSC K10 and MC6000 as everything is so small and lightweight.

The Superlux is exactly the same as the Yamaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I have 2 x Stagepas and a pair of WAudio PSR8 that I use for PA hire as well as the larger EVSXA100.

I must admit that for the last few quiz nights, I've used the QSC K10 and MC6000 as everything is so small and lightweight.

The Superlux is exactly the same as the Yamaha!
    Yes, just noticed that !! all be it the speaker design is a little different !!

I've purchased the QTX QR12PA...mainly for dry hire background PA, but its only last week that I used it for a quiz and was happy enough with it. I've just ordered the basit QR12A as a bit of reinforcement as its not overly loud and I can see this being my main system for quiz nights.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

10 INCH LD DAVE:

Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I don't possess anything dedicated like the Stagepas and the like, but the first piccy is my rig for such purposes, and the second one is the amp which I upgraded to. ( Courtesy of a member who doesn't get the recognition he deserves, do you Andy? )

The Powerpod is an absolute gem, for it can run as two separate amps. On occasion, I have had the two little Skytecs inside with me running quietly, and a pair of Peaveys outside at far greater volume enticing punters in.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I have a pair of Martin Audio F10s and Crown XTI100 which I can rack with a Souncraft EPM6 (just need to get a nice little compact flightcase) lined up for these kind of jobs booked in for this year. Would really like to get some of the smaller F8s though, if I can find a pair.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113