Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Investors

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    It does make me laugh - just because someone doesn't read what they want to read or what they expect to hear, they say they wish they'd never started the thread.
    And it saddens me when people can't be polite and objective with their comments. Added to which, in this case, almost all the replies were off topic.

Vicious but fair, I can live with. Constructive criticism. I've PM'ed a couple of the posters on this thread, and it seems that the posts were done with the best of intentions, they just came across to many as more than a little harsh and unhelpful.

Politeness costs nothing.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    If you'd gone on to the dragons den and mentioned your loathing to part with a dusty drum kit in your attic. You'd have received a lot bigger of a savaging on there (in front of the nation) than you've received on here.
    And if I were on Dragon's Den, as bizarre a comparison as that is, I would be asking for an investor, which at the risk of repeating myself I haven't done here have I? I was asking if anybody had or did and how it had worked out for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eski75 View Post
    And if I were on Dragon's Den, as bizarre a comparison as that is, I would be asking for an investor, which at the risk of repeating myself I haven't done here have I? I was asking if anybody had or did and how it had worked out for them?
    Appologies if that came across wrong. It's a expensive business running a mobile disco. I know cos every penny I get from discos goes straight out the other door investing in kit.

It's a never ending vicious circle in the first few years. Hopefully I'll turn that into profit eventually, cos I want to go full time, but that looks a long way off.

Regarding your drum kit. Unless you're going to get behind it again. What's the point in keeping it.

I had a Fender Telecaster and a Les Paul. Fair enough the Les paul was a copy, but the Telecaster was a genuine USA model 1978. I knew I would never play it again. So it went the journey. No room for sentiment. Good luck with your venture mate. I hope it works out for you

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eski75 View Post
    Looking to get started and examining various funding streams for intial set up. With 2 rugrats and another arriving in July, my betrothed is not exactly entertaining any business cases that involve plundering the savings account. I have got some stuff I can sell from my band days (however it would break my heart to sell my drums, even if they are cased up in the loft) however I wondered if anybody does or has considered seeking investment from a third party and how this might work?

I would imagine it's a complete nightmare, particulary if it goes bent but wondered if anybody had any experience of a "silent partner"?

Forgive if this has been discussed before.....I did search the threads before posting.
    If it's a matter of getting the equipment before you can start DJ'ing why not contact a local hire company (make sure they have a good reputation first of course) and see if you can hire the equipment at a preferential rate as and when you get a booking, or even a long term hire if they will do it cheaply enough for you. Then the gig money will help fund new purchases. Even if they don't offer you any discount it's still a viable way of starting.

Generally speaking I would say finding an investor would be very difficult.

However, we don't know your business plan or CV so can't really comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Generally speaking I would say finding an investor would be very difficult.

However, we don't know your business plan or CV so can't really comment.
    Agreed. And we still aren't answering the original question.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Agreed. And we still aren't answering the original question.
    I did!!

But, as I think I expected, no-one has answered my sub-question!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I did!!

But, as I think I expected, no-one has answered my sub-question!
    Alright Smartarse, Gold Star and round of applause for Dazzy D.

And concerning your sub question, well I just have a feeling that it may soon resurface as a thread in its own right.

Ooh look, there it is already. In Chat, because I've widened it up to all ventures, not just Discos.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 20-06-2011 at 06:01 AM.