Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greenwich Instruments GWDMX

Default Greenwich Instruments GWDMX

Hi I would like your thoughts on this and any recommendations for similar products like Ryger etc.

I understand you cannot edit on site very easily, but it serves a function for easy preset DMX settings for multiple lighting fixtures.
    One question - can I have for example buttons 1-6 as different uplighting colour and a slowsetting on triphase etc. and then have 6-10 as a more dynamic setting such as first dance, party, strobe, blackout. I am not sure how you are supposed to program it without plugging ing the lights and doing it manually?

GWDMX Mini-DMX512 Controller:
    The GWDMX is a small and simple DMX controller, just plug it in and go! It can be used direct from a PC USB port as a DMX interface or can be programmed with scenes or sequences of scenes and controlled using the ten buttons on the device, enabling it to be used without a PC. With it's ultra low power consumption it can be used with a portable mobile device charger (battery pack) for MANY hours.

The free software supplied with the GWDMX is customizable and easy to use. Create the scenes or sequences, drag and drop them onto the buttons on the software, then click "send to GWDMX", simple! The GWDMX comes ready to work out of the box, included with the GWDMX is: 5V USB mains power supply (UK, EU or US), USB lead, Software CDROM.

http://www.greenwichinst.com/products/GWDMX

Last edited by yourdj; 18-06-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Anyone?
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I got the email a few weeks ago about this and thought it looked interesting. I think it's pretty new to the market, so the chances are that not many people have tried it out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I got the email a few weeks ago about this and thought it looked interesting. I think it's pretty new to the market, so the chances are that not many people have tried it out yet.
    Looks quite good doesn't it ?
    No mention of how much it is ?
    Do you think you would need a separate laptop while you are working to operate it ?

The whole idea is that you program various sequences at home and then transfer them to the controller, so that while you're out and about, you use the controller rather like an all-singing-all-dancing CA-8, so if you're not going to be programming on the fly at a gig, then I don't think you would need a dedicated laptop.

I am sure I posted a link to this a few months ago

looks good would be good for uplighting but will get a bit tedious programming scenes for scanners etc with no 3d simulation like on freestyler etc

Hi All

Just got myself one of these... Brilliant bit of kit

I'm only using it to run two KAM Powerbars and a couple of other lights, but it's damn good and soooo simple!

O.K., I hear you say "why not just use the internal control on the Powerbars?" Simple answer, the KAM controls are just too 'flashy' you can't do soft fades in sound to light etc.

I've just programmed some simple chases into this unit and have nice soft fades between the colour changes, this includes sound to light mode as well.

The only thing it could do with is the ability to dim straight from the controller. I've set up some half brightness fades assigned to the buttons for when I need softer lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hi All

Just got myself one of these... Brilliant bit of kit

I'm only using it to run two KAM Powerbars and a couple of other lights, but it's damn good and soooo simple!

O.K., I hear you say "why not just use the internal control on the Powerbars?" Simple answer, the KAM controls are just too 'flashy' you can't do soft fades in sound to light etc.

I've just programmed some simple chases into this unit and have nice soft fades between the colour changes, this includes sound to light mode as well.

The only thing it could do with is the ability to dim straight from the controller. I've set up some half brightness fades assigned to the buttons for when I need softer lighting.
    Hi Jem

These are a great little DMX unit ... Can I ask where you purchased yours from?

Thank you
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

No Problem, I initially tried to buy it direct through Greenwich Instruments, but as manufacturers they seemingly only supply to wholesalers. Greenwich put me in touch with 'Batmink Distribution' as one of their suppliers...

I dealt with Ashley, price was £120 plus delivery and V.A.T.

Batmink Distribution
    Beckery Road
    Glastonbury
    BA6 9NX

Tel: 01458 833186

www.batmink.co.uk

[email protected]