Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greenwich Instruments GWDMX

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    No Problem, I initially tried to buy it direct through Greenwich Instruments, but as manufacturers they seemingly only supply to wholesalers. Greenwich put me in touch with 'Batmink Distribution' as one of their suppliers...

I dealt with Ashley, price was £120 plus delivery and V.A.T.

Batmink Distribution
    Beckery Road
    Glastonbury
    BA6 9NX

Tel: 01458 833186

www.batmink.co.uk

[email protected]
    Hello again ..

Only reason I ask is that a few weeks ago my GWDMX packed up on me and I needed to get it fixed or replaced - I found Batmink and spoke to someone there and got quoted £40+ more than I paid for mine originally !! ... I contacted Greenwhich direct and arranged a visit to their premises in Kent [Just down the road from me] and they fixed my unit [Outside of warranty] for free

As a result I got chatting to them about prices and distribution etc. and as I work at a DJ Dealership in Kent, I asked them about becoming an outlet of distribution and support .... my boss is interested in this little gizmo and will be in talks about selling through his company and also taking over the website and support pages on Facebook etc.

Thanks
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Well, if you do get the dealership be sure to post here and let us know, especially if the price is good

Well, if you do get the dealership be sure to post here and let us know, especially if the price is good
    They could have sold a lot more globally if not just in the UK if their marketing/production and distribution was a bit better.
    I did the video as their only video on how to use it was not very explanatory about its full uses.

Been using one for a few years now and other than jamming every now and then mid gig its been great.
    3rd time i have posted this in a week

Last edited by yourdj; 28-09-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Well Toby, they should thank you . I watched your video (posted in the other thread) and bought it on the strength of your experience.

There's one thing that would be really useful though, and that is a 'master fade' (button or slider) on the unit itself. I've had to use two buttons for each effect I want, one at 100% brightness and one at 50% brightness. Other than that it's saved a lot of space and is so easy to use. It only took ten minutes or so to get the basics and another hour(ish) to get it all programmed. Having said that, i'm now working on making the chases more interesting and the programs run many more colours than just red, green, blue, purple etc.

Thanks again for posting your video and for giving your advice

Jem

Well Toby, they should thank you .
    I could do with another one for uplighting so if they are reading this then i am more than happy

They gave my friend 2 free ones as he had some problems.

I have to send mine back as it suddenly stopped working and it won't update on-line.

They're handy units if you have very simple demands - but if you have more than one fixture in the chain and you need to change what one's doing while leaving the others alone you can't (or it becomes extremely complex).

Just a little update on this great unit.

I have programmed all the sequences i'll probably ever need into this amazing little unit. The thing I really like about it is the ability to program a fade time into the sequence changes. This is great for the Powerbars as it gets rid of that horrible LED 'flashy' instant on and off effect. This is a bit of video that shows what I mean (set on unit's internal sound to light mode), probably not the best choice of music (or lighting sequence), but hey, you'll get the idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RE-LZ-td9o

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I have to send mine back as it suddenly stopped working and it won't update on-line.

They're handy units if you have very simple demands - but if you have more than one fixture in the chain and you need to change what one's doing while leaving the others alone you can't (or it becomes extremely complex).
    Eliminating fixtures on the same DMX address sounds a bit too advanced for a cheap controller

I must say that its been great although it jams on most gigs so you have to repower it and its fine.
    There are a few dodgy ones, but the support is good and they can replace them.
    My roadie got two for free as he had some troubles.

Shame i have not been offered any for free as I have promoted them to no end and written a
    glowing pro mobile review probably resulting in hundreds of sales I did look at selling these
    for them as it would not be hard to market, but could see the development of iPad apps taking over before too long.

Just a little update on this great unit.

I have programmed all the sequences i'll probably ever need into this amazing little unit. The thing I really like about it is the ability to program a fade time into the sequence changes. This is great for the Powerbars as it gets rid of that horrible LED 'flashy' instant on and off effect. This is a bit of video that shows what I mean (set on unit's internal sound to light mode), probably not the best choice of music (or lighting sequence), but hey, you'll get the idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RE-LZ-td9o

I am sure you can fade in and out as mine does it on my ADJ tri bar and standard LED 3-5 colour uplighting ?
    I ended up getting my roadie to reprogram it as I did not have the time and he loves stuff like that.

this is pretty dated as i have changed and updated it but shows the fades:

Last edited by yourdj; 29-10-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I am sure you can fade in and out as mine does it on my ADJ tri bar and standard LED 3-5 colour uplighting ?
    I ended up getting my roadie to reprogram it as I did not have the time and he loves stuff like that.
    I'm not sure what you mean.... I've no problem programming fades into the GWDMX, but I can't see how you can program fades during sequences directly into the Powerbars without the use of an external controller of some sort. That was the whole reason for the purchase of the GWDMX, simply so I could get nice soft colour changes without the flashiness that is usually associated with LED lighting .
    Last edited by Jem; 29-10-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post

You need a roadie?