Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: VDJ Premium membership

Default VDJ Premium membership

As I continue my journey down the VDJ road I've come across the option of "Premium" membership.

Looking at it I'm thinking the benefit of being able to play a track on the fly should you not have it is negated by most venues having wifi now and if you do get stuck you can download it from your chosen provider.

So does anyone have premium membership of VDJ?
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

It seems like a really good idea. However, I would be nervous (perhaps unnecessarily) about playout system reliability whilst connected to the WWW net. Especially when using controllers etc.

I may give it a go

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

It works really well. Been using this for a little while now. Does have the annoying problem of showing you tracks only to find that once you try and load them the "stream unavailable" logo comes up.
    Asked VDJ at BPM about this and they said its because I didn't have the latest VDJ installed
    If you can't convince them, confuse them

Could I ask a question, say if the venue did not have wifi could you buy a wifi dongle from a network?

or would this be to slow?

Im sure i downloads the tracks to cache once its downloaded you can only use it on vdj tho, doesnt stream them direct?. I might be wrong but did look into it a few months back

I use a mobile dongle without any problems so far, Hotels tend to have wi-fi which is usually more of a indication you'll be able to use the add on without worrying about signal.

It's not good enough to rely on as your only collection but can be a really good backup to have, you can search and save the files to your playlists but it will only download to your PC once you drag it into a deck.

what quality are the tracks, are they mp3?

i considered signing up for this, but i have spotify with a load of offline playlists loaded on my backup laptop as well as a 3g dongle for streaming if i *really* needed to (in two years, i havent needed to yet), and as i keep my main dj rig offline whenever possible, there just doesnt seem much point...

Sorry for the late reply, The tracks are mp3 & video average bit rate of 128 for audio which i suppose is passable and keeps download time short.