This topic has just cropped up in the Supporters section, and think it warrants a thread for all to see...

Anyway, the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.... where do we stand with them?

Two scenarios:

1. A private client books you, and pays their Non-refunadable Booking Fee and signs their section of the contract, dated 1st January 2011, you recieve it on the 3rd, sign it as the 3rd January and post her copy back. On the 5th they decide to cancel. Now under the regs (I think I'm right here...clarify anyone?), she is entitled to cancel and claim back the NRBF due to the 7 day "cooling off" period.

So, for my next question....when does the cooling off period begin? Is it the 1st, when they signed the contract, or is it the 3rd when you also signed it and effectivly completed the contract?

Scenario 2:

Exactly the same, although it was a hotel booking you direct to do their NYE...am i right in thyinking that the regs dont apply here because its business-to-business and therefore the cooling off period doesnt exist?

Cheers

Steve