Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: camping in luxury

I don't think camping is for me.

I'd rather wine and dine at the Ritz whilst smoking fine cigars and sipping on Maison Dudognon Cognac .

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I don't think camping is for me.

I'd rather wine and dine at the Ritz whilst smoking fine cigars and sipping on Maison Dudognon Cognac .
    You'd better stop spending all your money then

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspin View Post
    Much cheaper than both at £800.00 new. Could certainly live in it as well. it took us 20 mins to pitch it. It was easy to put it up.
    John, do you want some really bad news? Of course you don't, but i'll tell you anyway lol

Because the tent is last seasons, we're now selling them for £199.99! If I bought one with my Staff Discount, i'd get it for about £140.

I hate sales, they depress me so much...they always put stuff in that you've recently bought lol!!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

I bought one of these a few months ago haven't had chance to use it yet hope to go camping with my daughter in the school holidays.

Charlie Brown;I don't think camping is for me.

You should try it, as long it's a nice site with clean toilets & showers and the weather is warm It's as good as any holiday.

I think we should plan a DJ camping meeting
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Excalibur; 12-07-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    John, do you want some really bad news? Of course you don't, but i'll tell you anyway lol

Because the tent is last seasons, we're now selling them for £199.99! If I bought one with my Staff Discount, i'd get it for about £140.

I hate sales, they depress me so much...they always put stuff in that you've recently bought lol!!
    Where do you work Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    Where do you work Scott?
    I do 8 hours a week in Blacks, the outdoor shop. I've worked there part-time since I was 16, so just over 4 years.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    I think we should plan a DJ camping meeting
    Having seen the chaos and disruption that some of our members can cause in hotels, I shudder to think what they could achieve under canvas!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Having seen the chaos and disruption that some of our members can cause in hotels, I shudder to think what they could achieve under canvas!
    But we do know more than a few that take 'camping' to new levels ?
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

I'm very much a fair weather camper.

We went camping a couple of weeks ago...and it rained..and rained...and rained...so much so, that my tent (22ft x 7ft x 6ft 7) was like a lake inside.

It was so bad we had to sleep in the car!

We went home the following morning to more rain and then spent 2 hours on the Sunday putting the tent back up to clean the mud out of it which was everywhere.
    Steve

When we arrived on the campsite on friday. it started to rain a little bit once we had got the tent up. So it was just a matter of getting all the camping equipment inside.

Friday we had quite a few heavy showers and thunder and lighting. Saturday was the same up to about 5pm out come the barbecue and the weather was nice from then then a little bit of rain on sunday afternoon and nice all day monday.

The vermont XL didnt let any rain in at all. It was very dry inside.

On the camping pitch we laid down the footprint groundsheet and put the tent on top of it.

In the porch area where the kitchen stuff is the tent has detatchable a bucket groundsheet. The rest of the tent has a sealed groundsheet.

the only wet that come inside was off peoples feet in the porch area.

The campsite we went on for the weekend was only a matter of 6 mile away in a village called Sproatley. The site is called Burton Constable Holiday Village and Aboretum. It feels as though its far away from home. Been on a few campsites before. This campsite was immaculate. The toilet and shower block was very clean as it was cleaned about 6 times a day.

Fishing lake on the site if anyone likes fishing (not me) a small quiet lakeside bar. The site is quiet.
    Last edited by Twinspin; 13-07-2011 at 08:23 AM.