Not even the AA could sort this one out.

Discovery 1 200tdi

I unlocked in the usual way , via the key fob , put key in ignition , went to the first position where the two red light come on , used the button to wind down my window , central locking suddenly clicks on , now central locking will not work , electric windows will no work , heated plug lights up on dashboard , but on turning the key to the start engine position , nothing , not even a solenoid click , even the AA man has no idea , so /i have a land rover with drivers window down , and that's where it stays , everything else works , head lights , indicators , washers/wipers , interior lights.
So around came the "local experts" , 2 hours later , the dash board was out , every fuse , relay etc checked and still nothing ,
I mentioned that maybe the fuse able links were corroded , "didn't come in until 95" I was told.
Ok , I was desperate for a vehicle , so went down the local second hand car dealership , the two that caught my eye was a "P" reb Range rover P38 , all extras and blacked out side and rear windows , looked good , so I took it for a test drive , er.....no thanks , sounded like a bucket of ball bearings .
Next was a "02 plate Citroen dispatch HDI , all plywooded ( is that a word ) out in the back , side door each side , full history , years MOT £1995 , so I brought it .
Got home and had a last look at the discovery , em...........what's this I see , 4 small wires going into a large sleeve , er.....fuse able links maybe , yep two were corroded completely , so finding good wire , joined all together and...................................electric windows working , central locking working , and engine fired at first go.........great , but now I have two vechiles , the discovery will have to go .

We live and learn

Daryll