Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VDJ at midnight UPDATED!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Nope, tonight was a totally new venue so can't put it down to that.

I'll pop over in the week for some tech support aslong as there's not too many reptiles around!
    lol no worries mate im in all day all week lol (i know thats hard to believe)

As for reptiles can't promise lol
    Dave

Windows update? sorry if you mentioned it already but in all fairness its twenty to six...
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Bit of a log shot but have you tried turning off the option "automatically synchronise time with windows server", or something like that? It could be that at 12 it is re-syncing and it's causing it to stutter, you can turn that off by clicking the clock in the bottom right hand corner.

Also there's no scheduled tasks set for 12pm is there? These can be checked by going to control panel, and then scheduled tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Bit of a log shot but have you tried turning off the option "automatically synchronise time with windows server", or something like that? It could be that at 12 it is re-syncing and it's causing it to stutter, you can turn that off by clicking the clock in the bottom right hand corner.
    Pretty sure I've done that one but will double check

Also there's no scheduled tasks set for 12pm is there? These can be checked by going to control panel, and then scheduled tasks.
    Again think I've covered this one but will check it out.

Thanks for the ideas guys as this one is a bit of a puzzler
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

That was what I was talking about earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Hence my pretty sure that was done but would double check

I know it's just got to be a case of switching something off .....but it's finding it
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Sorry my mistake I didnt see that post.

Just thinking to myself, you could use the "event viewer" to see if there is any clues as to what's Happening at 12pm, again, you'll find that in the control panel, in 'adminastritave tools'. One you've opened it to scroll down untill you get to 12pm and see if there is any clues there.

Or, just start before midnight, start up Task Manager and go to the Processes tab. Click on the "CPU" tab so that the most memory intensive processes are at the top. When your computer does whatever it is that's causing the problem, it's associated process will jump up the CPU usage level and go to the top of the list. Then, just work out what the process is and you've got your culprit!!

Simples!!

Actually, instead of waiting until midnight, why not try and change your clock to something like "23:58" and then test it from there. Obviously, you'd have to recreate your working conditions (ie start up all the software you'd be running if you were working) but this means you could test it anytime of day and not have to wait til the 'witching hour'!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Im a bit late to the party on this one - just saw mention of the "stutter at Midnight" problem in another thread and out of interest searched for it.

If you are running Win7 is DEFRAG scheduled to happen at that time ?

Right click on a drive and select properties >> tools >> defrag and it will show you any scheduled defrag operations. Mine is set for Weekly on a Wednesday at 1am. That could certainly have an effect on performance.

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    Im a bit late to the party on this one - just saw mention of the "stutter at Midnight" problem in another thread and out of interest searched for it.

If you are running Win7 is DEFRAG scheduled to happen at that time ?

Right click on a drive and select properties >> tools >> defrag and it will show you any scheduled defrag operations. Mine is set for Weekly on a Wednesday at 1am. That could certainly have an effect on performance.
    This is something I didn't realise. Apparently, mine is set to defrag all drives at 1am on a Wednesday. The history shows that the drives haven't been defragged since October but that's probably due to the fact that my laptop isn't usually on at 1am on a Wednesday!!

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't realise W7 did this off it's own accord.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!