Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Using videos to promote services

Default Using videos to promote services

Funny despite being a mod I'm not 100% about where the best place to put this thread is but anyways.......

I'm looking into producing a couple of short videos to promote the site, mainly youtube but also on the facebook page too. I don't have a video camera that takes anything like the quality I would want to use so this is all stills.

Question is, is one video enough? I'm thinking with all the extras and different events that one video would be trying to do too much and likely to lose the interest of the viewer?

Any advice from people who do use video media would be great
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Funny despite being a mod I'm not 100% about where the best place to put this thread is but anyways.......

I'm looking into producing a couple of short videos to promote the site, mainly youtube but also on the facebook page too. I don't have a video camera that takes anything like the quality I would want to use so this is all stills.

Question is, is one video enough? I'm thinking with all the extras and different events that one video would be trying to do too much and likely to lose the interest of the viewer?

Any advice from people who do use video media would be great
    Funny this should come up. I'm slap bang in the middle of adding this to my site today (well....Marc J is). It's not live yet but we've been testing it today.

I think several short focussed clips on each service is better than one long one.

Will look forward to seeing them, hopefully it will give me a few ideas
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Neil......2 words

Pant Man

Incase you think I've gone bonkers Neils posted a demo vid on FB for comments and there's a random bloke stood in just his pants at one point
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Just seen the vid
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Will look forward to seeing them, hopefully it will give me a few ideas
    You probably already have seen them. The clips have been posted here on the forum at intervals.

Here's the latest though, not sure if I've posted this....

The plan is to have several short clips like the above. Maybe one showing the service I can provide during the ceremony. One for Mood Lighting, one for gobo projection, one showing the finale song etc. Just little clips that show different parts of various services and parts of the evening. I think the trick is making them short enough so they won't click off half way through the clip.
    Last edited by Shaun; 18-07-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Ironically the bloke is supposed to be Flash

Back on topic though I've recently taken my videos off my site as I thought they weren't good enough. Still have them on my youtube page but not my website.

Going to work on some new ones.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Question is, is one video enough?
    Nahh do millions of them.

One for each area of what you do is ideal.

Ie introduction, weddings/parties, optional extras, how to book etc.
    I am doing a series of them at the moment for my new website.

Its nice for a client to see what they getting without even leaving their sofa.
    Beats a load of empty dance floor lighting shows.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Nahh do millions of them.
    There is such a thing as 'overkill'. A stage you passed many thousands of videos ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    You probably already have seen them. The clips have been posted here on the forum at intervals.

Here's the latest though, not sure if I've posted this....

‪First Dance - Elite DJ Entertainment‬‏ - YouTube

The plan is to have several short clips like the above. Maybe one showing the service I can provide during the ceremony. One for Mood Lighting, one for gobo projection, one showing the finale song etc. Just little clips that show different parts of various services and parts of the evening. I think the trick is making them short enough so they won't click off half way through the clip.
    That looks fantastic Shaun. Did you take all the video's yourself? What type of camera was used?