Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock and Roll Bingo

Default Rock and Roll Bingo

Hi has anyone done a rock and roll bingo night?

I'm guessing that you have to print bingo cards with artists names on and play the song and when the customer recognises the song they win the bingo. Not sure of the cards are the same or randomised with a selection of say 100 songs and then play random songs until someone wins.

Over simplified, I know but if anyone has any ideas as to how it should be presented I would love to hear from you.

Also if there is any software out there for running the show and printing the tickets?

Many thanks,

Mark
    -------------------------------------------------------

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Counting my blessings

Unique, Elegant and Fun Wedding Disco Entertainment
    http://www.thepartydj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul The Party Dj View Post
    Thanks for the link - it seems that the cards are all printed differently and cards can be taken over into the following weeks - assuming you have the same set of songs.

Would be nice if you could have software that can automatically create cards and trim the tracks accordingly - sounds like I would need to create a bespoke programme to do this if one doesn't exist already.

www.vip-disco.co.uk

What a stupid name.... especially as its not all Rock N Roll...Music Bingo sould me a more apt name
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    What a stupid name.... especially as its not all Rock N Roll...Music Bingo sould me a more apt name
    I agree - I guess the names started in the states

Well I think I have a solution that I think I can work with - will keep you posted once tested.

Mark

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Im thinking of making my own up and trialing it at a quiz night...

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Guys... whilst creating your own system may be easy, but it is breaking the terms of the use for the Music.

Simply put - you'll be breaching copyright.

The companies that sell pre-packed music quizzes will have cleared the copyright on those tracks. All the Mastermix (etc) pop quiz CDs are legal. If you create your own without clearance from the MCPS & PRS.. its not.
    It may not be a big problem to do it legally, but not worth it unless you're selling the system to other DJs.

It looks like the Rock and Roll Bingo website lists venues that have it on, and I guess its got potential to be big in some pubs, so you may as well do it legally and make use of their branding.
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Guys... whilst creating your own system may be easy, but it is breaking the terms of the use for the Music.

The companies that sell pre-packed music quizzes will have cleared the copyright on those tracks. All the Mastermix (etc) pop quiz CDs are legal. If you create your own without clearance from the MCPS & PRS.. its not.
    It may not be a big problem to do it legally, but not worth it unless you're selling the system to other DJs.
    So how can we play music at our normal gigs then ? if we have ProDub/PRS cert etc, surely we are doing the same ? what about music quizzes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

It looks like the Rock and Roll Bingo website lists venues that have it on, and I guess its got potential to be big in some pubs, so you may as well do it legally and make use of their branding.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Paulie View Post
    So how can we play music at our normal gigs then ? if we have ProDub/PRS cert etc, surely we are doing the same ? what about music quizzes ?
    My thoughts exactly paulie...I play a 10 second ish segment for my quiz backwards...using the reverse feature on the CD players...no breach of copyright there, and I wont be calling it Rock N Roll Bingo...gives the wrong impression as to music....

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    Hi has anyone done a rock and roll bingo night?

I'm guessing that you have to print bingo cards with artists names on and play the song and when the customer recognises the song they win the bingo. Not sure of the cards are the same or randomised with a selection of say 100 songs and then play random songs until someone wins.

Over simplified, I know but if anyone has any ideas as to how it should be presented I would love to hear from you.

Also if there is any software out there for running the show and printing the tickets?

Many thanks,

Mark
    Hello

I have been doing Rock and Roll Bingo for a few months now, and i must say it goes down a storm within my Quiz Nights and also as an added extra within my Disco and Karaoke as well as having a whole night of Rock and Roll Bingo

As the links was listed above, all the cards are made professionally ar random along with the music cd's that come with the package including flyers or posters and various sets.

I've been trialling it out in the South East and it is fun for all

Thank you

Glenn
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.