Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahhhh, Outlook help!

In this day and age IMAP isn't an option!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    In this day and age IMAP isn't an option!
    IMAP is always an option.

IMAP with massive disk space on multiple mailboxes for no additional cost - not so much of an option

Charlie, here's a solution for you....you (or Martin) setup in your hosting control panel so that [email protected] is both a POP3 mailbox and has a forwarder...forward all incoming mail on it to a free gMail account. This'll give you 7Gb of free email backup on the gMail account, so you should never lose another email again.

Also as has been mentioned before set any devices retreiving mail on the POP3 mailbox to "delete from server after x days", I usually use 10. That way you'll get copies on all multiple devices of all incoming mail, if you want copies of outgoing just bcc yourself in every email sent.
    Last edited by Marc J; 27-07-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    IMAP is always an option.

IMAP with massive disk space on multiple mailboxes for no additional cost - not so much of an option

Charlie, here's a solution for you....you (or Martin) setup in your hosting control panel so that [email protected] is both a POP3 mailbox and has a forwarder...forward all incoming mail on it to a free gMail account. This'll give you 7Gb of free email backup on the gMail account, so you should never lose another email again.

Also as has been mentioned before set any devices retreiving mail on the POP3 mailbox to "delete from server after x days", I usually use 10. That way you'll get copies on all multiple devices of all incoming mail, if you want copies of outgoing just bcc yourself in every email sent.
    Exactly as I do things! I've got email forwarding setup to send a copy of all emails received to an additional email account. As we download to two PCs, Thunderbird is set to delete emails from the server after a week (as a fail-safe, we have the computers scheduled to do updates on a Thursday morning at 3am and this includes downloading from the mail server).

This system works nicely for me!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I've just set up my outlook on my new computer and it's not saving any of my emails!

I've lost 15 already. Outlook is still running on my old computer fine but it's not saving a thing on my new laptop. When I re-start my computer and log back on, they're gone!

I've already lost a booking today - I met a couple a week ago and apparently they have been emailing me and I 'couldn't be bothered to reply'

Emails are 90% of my business and I've done something drastically wrong.

Is anybody here a mini expert or maybe give me a little guidance?

It'll probably be easier to do over the phone - is anybody able to help at a time that suits them?

A bottle of your favorite plonk/spirit whatever will be sent the next day. I'm pretty desperate.

Cheers in advance.
    Go to a yahoo box

No neg comments please---it works here brilliantly

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I've just set up my outlook on my new computer and it's not saving any of my emails!

I've lost 15 already. Outlook is still running on my old computer fine but it's not saving a thing on my new laptop. When I re-start my computer and log back on, they're gone!

I've already lost a booking today - I met a couple a week ago and apparently they have been emailing me and I 'couldn't be bothered to reply'

Emails are 90% of my business and I've done something drastically wrong.

Is anybody here a mini expert or maybe give me a little guidance?

It'll probably be easier to do over the phone - is anybody able to help at a time that suits them?

A bottle of your favorite plonk/spirit whatever will be sent the next day. I'm pretty desperate.

Cheers in advance.
    Charlie,

goto top menu ....view>current view and change the setting to messages.

Mark
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk