Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My new website

Looked at it on firefox, and its spot on...great stuff. However, the name at the top looks pants...please please get a logo done or something....
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Next on my list ! Took me a while to get it right with the theme. Any ideas how to make it show properly with IE ?

Check the errors that W3C validator is showing. IE used to be the most forgiving browser if there was a mistake in the HTML whereas the other browsers would barf. Now the situation seems to have reversed.

I wrote some code a few months ago and it worked perfectly in everything except IE. It took me about 3 days to find the error and although I cant remember exactly what it was, it was something pretty minor, a missing quote or end tag but the effect on the page was to render it unusable.

I visited a customer the other day who couldnt use his webmail on a Mac yet his boss could, and he could also use it on a Windows machine. Turned out to be that he was using Safari whereas his boss was using FF. The page just wasnt compatable with Safari. Installed Firefox and he was able to check his email although if he selected "Advanced IE/Firefox Mode" he got an error saying the page used outdated technology no longer supported in FF and he had to use the "Basic Email (Any Browser)" setting.

There are now too many different browsers that all do different things when interpreting pages despite the "standards" that they should all be compliant with. The problem is compounded further when a website detects the version of the browser in use because often the designers only consider that the user will be IE or FF

I downgraded from IE9 to IE8 because a website I have to use all day everyday just stops responding in IE9. I also went on the Sky.com website the other day and it told me I should be using IE9 for the site to work properly which is absolutely nuts because some versions of Windows are unable to install anything later than IE6

It's just another ruse by Micro$oft to make us use buggy browser ! The theme is a wordpress one so should be ok. Well it's going to have to stay like that until next week I've got HTML swimming round my head at the moment ! Thanks for your help.

Will your 'website design company' not help you out?

I've got one of my Facebook XHTML coders looking at it over the weekend !