Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My new website

Thanks for the comments, as I've just done it as a rough draft, it's not finished. I have more photos, the text will be sorted, testimonials will be added & the t&c page will be changed. But I agree with your suggestions, thankyou for you input. Finally is it better or worse than what I have now ?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Paulie View Post
    Thanks for the comments, as I've just done it as a rough draft, it's not finished. I have more photos, the text will be sorted, testimonials will be added & the t&c page will be changed. But I agree with your suggestions, thankyou for you input. Finally is it better or worse than what I have now ?
    Are ignoring everything people are saying to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Have you not looked into getting a professional?
    You can add all the pictures, texts, testimonials in the world and it will still look rubbish.

The design and concept needs to be completely changed IMO.

Again, have you spoken to a professional?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Are ignoring everything people are saying to you?
    Gets annoying when people do that doesn't it?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Gets annoying when people do that doesn't it?

Are you allowed to quote "The King of Discos"??

I actually think its a good starting point. But yeah I would look at changing the layout, make it more image based and less text. Plenty of photos of people dancing, smiling and lights... sell the perfect gig!

And what's the purpose of the website... to contact via a form or call you direct, just inform people of your services? If its the contact form option, get a big button or something saying Enquire Now.

Tom
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

Well it's better than 'the queen of discos' Tom ! Thanks again everyone, I'll have a play before it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Paulie View Post
    Well it's better than 'the queen of discos' Tom ! Thanks again everyone, I'll have a play before it goes live.

I don't know why you bothered posting this thread when you're clearly not interested in what people have to say.

You keep moaning that you don't have any bookings apart from a couple for international students - a decent professional website would help and change all of that.

Anyway, I'm out. Good luck, you'll need it.

Realising you have many changes still to make I will only say you must spend a lot on music after I saw

I update my library with every new release every week from the iTunes download chart, the Irish Top 40 chart, the MTV chart and others,
    so I’m sure I will have the song you ask for.

Hi Paulie

My Personal Opinion/taste

I actually like the white text on dark grey background - for me that works. The Red paragraph headers are a little straining on the eyes and probably need to be a little deeper shade for me.

I also like the header TBH - it could do with being a touch narrower therefore not taking up so much space - as at the moment it's right 'In Yer Face' if you get what I mean.

The adverts on the right hand side of the page don't do the website any justice nor favours.

I think what other members posting about the amateur feel to it is probably down to the font the pages are written in - Although clean and readable the standard font used give the website a dated look - maybe play around with some different fonts.

I don't think it's that far off from being a presentable website to be honest, and certainly better than some of my previous incarnations
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

I think you should change name to "Suggs Disco`s", On the page "about dj Paulie" you have a picture of Suggs