Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I get free photos from for my website.

there are no such things are "free" images.

By using free images, you are going to get yourself a fine, from the image police (£1000 per image)

Your best bet is to spend £20, and purchase istock images. £20 will get you upto 7 decent images, depeding on size/resolution!

Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post

By using free images, you are going to get yourself a fine, from the image police (£1000 per image)

Your best bet is to spend £20, and purchase istock images. £20 will get you upto 7 decent images, depeding on size/resolution!
    Who on earth told you that?

For various projects I've used "free" images (which should really read "royalty-free") and there are loads of them out there. You've just got to know where to look.

For example, one resource I frequently use for my projects the process is to select the image you want from an online gallery, fill in a simple form detailing what you are using the image for, the form is then sent to the image copyright holder (usually the photographer but not always), then that person, if he approves, sends you a "licence" to use that image. All you have to do in return is acknowledge the copyright holder (which usually consists of a tagline stating "reproduced by kind permission of XXX") and that's all there is to it. However, some images can be charged for and it's not uncommon to see image licence's up for grabs over £1,000 (depending on quality of image, size, number of impressions, etc.) so you have to be careful which ones you choose!

And this particular resource is also a forum for photographers which accept subject matter requests so if you can't find what you're looking for you can always ask.

So, contrary to your opening statement, there really is such a thing as "free" images!!
    Last edited by DazzyD; 30-08-2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Can you please be sure that any information you post is correct before posting, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Can you please be sure that any information you post is correct before posting, thank you.
    god, you guys are a friendly bunch aren't you? I was just passing on information I was told. I'll keep me gob shut next time

god, you guys are a friendly bunch aren't you? I was just passing on information I was told. I'll keep me gob shut next time
    As "Web designer", I would have thought you would have known about royalty free images.

Evidently this is not the case.
    I was just passing on information I was told.
    That seems to be the key point, something you were told. By whom? I would check anything else they've told you just in case.

If you don't know something as 100% accurate, we appreciate it if you don't post it. This forum is for professionals & we try to keep the advice factual & accurate. Posting something that isn't does nobody any favours.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

What was unfriendly about Darren's post? He was very polite in his request.

I wasn't trying to be unfriendly. It's just that the forums tries to pride itself on accurate information that is useful to people and your statement wasn't correct.

Apologies if my reply came over as a bit harsh. I certainly didn't intend it to be.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

As I just posted on another thread ...

I recently went back to all my couples from the last 12 months and asked if they had any pictures I could use (with their photographers permission of course) - so my new website if 100% genuine pictures from my events.

Good luck
    Counting my blessings

Unique, Elegant and Fun Wedding Disco Entertainment
    http://www.thepartydj.co.uk