Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adding pictures to email signatures

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I'm using Outlook, thanks anyway.
    The video I posted works in Outlook as well.

Tell you what, send me an email and tell me exactly what you want in your sig, and include the image you want added. I'll knock it together for you and talk you through adding it.
    Last edited by Shaun; 31-08-2011 at 08:19 PM.

This has probably been mentioned but I would not add a picture to a signature due to attachment issues. I have removed all images from my emails now.

Just copy and paste into the signature box in tools anyway.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    This has probably been mentioned...
    Don't you think that it's really about time that you start reading threads before you try and comment on them, Toby?

This happens over and over with you and, quite frankly, I think it's rather insulting to your fellow members that you can't be bothered to read what people have posted, but still decide to comment. The response from you is usually that you were in a rush and didn't have time.

If you had bothered to read the thread, you would have seen that people had made comments / offered opinions about adding images, and that Darren has replied...
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I wasn't asking for opinions on what they look like, thanks anyway.
    Come on, Toby! Show the rest of us on here a little bit of respect by reading our posts before commenting!

I have used BTinternet for ages and suddenly realised the other week that I have Outlook on my system and I wasn't using it so seeing this thread prompted me to start using it to it's potential. I did a free Microsoft Outlook course when I worked for a company years ago so I know my way round it easily and it's a lot better.

I now have a very nice signature with a couple of photos and I think it looks much more professional. I'm sure you have sorted it out by now Darren but if you haven't and you need advice, just shout me but saying that, Mike's advice is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I now have a very nice signature with a couple of photos and I think it looks much more professional.
    Now try sending a test email to some friends who have Hotmail, Gmail accounts etc. so you can see what it looks like when they receive it.

Many of the web based email programmes will block the pictures for a start!

Unfortunately, because you have no control over how different email clients render the signature what looks great on your machine could look rubbish on others.
    Exit stage left...

One of the first things I did was send it to my own hotmail account and I had no problems whatsoever. I also sent it to my wife's BTinternet account and she had no problems either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    One of the first things I did was send it to my own hotmail account and I had no problems whatsoever. I also sent it to my wife's BTinternet account and she had no problems either.
    Of course it did, I should have known it is only me that experiences these sorts of technical problems...
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the DJ View Post
    Of course it did, I should have known it is only me that experiences these sorts of technical problems...
    Mine also shows in web based email accounts???

I did managed to insert the image a different way once and it NEVER worked.

When I followed the instructions in my previous post, I had no problems.

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the DJ View Post
    Fair enough but that's what I did.

I used to send email marketing campaigns (not SPAM before anyone says anything!!) and used to setup the outgoing email document with graphics embedded in to the physical email itself (as opposed to sending them as attachments). We did testing on several email systems and never encountered any real problems. I think most normally don't display the pics as standard as it saves on bandwith but there's always the option to turn on pictures, show pictures, etc.

So, all in all, you shouldn't really have trouble with pics in emails. It's just how you set up the initial email that counts. From memory, it's been a while!, I think it might have something to do with creating emails in HTML format but I could be way off the mark here.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!