Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adding pictures to email signatures

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic Events View Post
    Mine also shows in web based email accounts???
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Fair enough but that's what I did.
    I tried it with my logo in the signature and tested it on Hotmail, GMX, Gmail and my old office Outlook based account and it didn't show in any of them.

If I remember correctly I eventually got it to show in some of them but the formatting was all out and it didn't look as good as it did on my computer so I gave up!

If anyone wants to send theirs to my Hotmail account just send me a PM and I'll give you the address, I'm interested to see what they look like.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    From memory, it's been a while!, I think it might have something to do with creating emails in HTML format but I could be way off the mark here.
    I'm pretty sure the method I linked to above results in an HTML based signature. You design it in Word but can also use Frontpage or similar programmes.
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the DJ View Post

I'm pretty sure the method I linked to above results in an HTML based signature. You design it in Word but can also use Frontpage or similar programmes.
    Apologies - just re-read the thread.

When I did the email campaigns I didn't create an email signature. It was a case of creating an email template to be used with e-mailmerge and all the graphics were embedded directly in to the template document.

I use Outlook 2003 for my day job and with it being local government we have to have an email signature which contains a graphic (the council's logo) and that seems to work well enough. I've only got MS Office Starter 2010 so don't have Outlook on it so can't comment on the new version.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Just done a quick test with someone who has sent me an email and the signature pic is hidden by default.

I can only see it once I have added them to my "Safe Contacts List", which is my point really, we don't know what security settings people have.

Still, I like having a logo in the signature so I think I will try again. Anyone know how to add one in Thunderbird?
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the DJ View Post
    Anyone know how to add one in Thunderbird?
    Yes. There are several ways, but the easiest way that I found is:-

Write -> create your signature -> File -> Save As -> File (Make sure file type is HTML and remember where you've saved it and the file name)....

Then to associate with the email: Account settings -> Tick 'Attach the signature from a file' and insert file name.
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 02-09-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Yes: Write ->create your signature -> File -> Save As -> File (Make sure file type is HTML)....

Now, I can't remember off the top of my head how you associate the file as your signature.... give me a moment.
    Thanks Angela!

I have now found a box to add an HTML file, sorted.
    Last edited by Steve the DJ; 02-09-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Added info...
    Exit stage left...

Great. I found it instantly and amended my post while you were writing that. It might help someone else.