Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temple Pier

Default Temple Pier

I'm working on a boat next week and have to load at Temple Pier. The woman at the event company says it's a 'bit' steep where you have to load, so I am wondering if anyone has ever loaded on to a boat from there?

Many moons ago & as far as I remember it depends on the tide.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Where is this Darren?
    I was in London a few weeks back on a boat and the load in was bad but this post is pointless if you aren't in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Where is this Darren?
    I was in London a few weeks back on a boat and the load in was bad but this post is pointless if you aren't in London.
    Yes, it is London. On the Embankment.

I was on a boat called the Thames Princess and I loaded in at Lambeth Pier, Albert Embankment. Not sure if it's where you are mate but for the record, yes it was VERY steep and pretty dangerous to be fair as there wasn't a lot of room at the time because people were getting on other boats.

Parking was iffy too.

Unloading at the other end was an absolute nightmare. It was Westminster and I couldn't get the van anywhere nearer than 200m.

Parking is organised and I will hopefully have someone with me. I am taking the smallest show I can (and have told them that!) consisting of Ultimax Micro stand, Kam Powerbar, Denon MC6000, QSC K10s and RCF sub. It will all be on trolleys or wheels so hopefully that will make it easier.

I have contacted the boat/event company who tell me that DJs do this "All the time" and there will be people to help...

We'll see.

Thanks for the information Gary.

No problem mate. I guess my night was made more difficult because I had no'one with me and I had no help as promised beforehand by the customer. I also had monitors etc because I was providing Photo Projection too.

By the way, those boats are made for midgets too....the ceilings are very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    No problem mate. I guess my night was made more difficult because I had no'one with me and I had no help as promised beforehand by the customer. I also had monitors etc because I was providing Photo Projection too.

By the way, those boats are made for midgets too....the ceilings are very low.
    I'll be alright then...

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Many moons ago & as far as I remember it depends on the tide.
    I worked on a number of Thames riverboats many moons ago and loaded on from various Piers. As Steve says, it depends on the tide on the night you are working and sometimes the pier/jetty can be VERY steep. In the days when I worked we only had to take vinyl (OK, about 6 cases and 4 wooden 'Schweppes' crates).

The fact that you have got trolleys (and a roadie) should make your life a lot easier.

Ahoy shipmates
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

what are the time/date you load in /out im just just checking tides for this weekend!