Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bride does a runner

Default Bride does a runner

I was reading on another forum a couple of weeks back, where the bride did a runner and never showed.

Because everything had been paid for and there was no chance of getting a refund from anyone. The groom thought sod it let's have a party anyway.

The DJ said it was possibly the worst gig he'd ever done. Can't even begin to think what it must have been like.

So has this ever happened to anyone else and how did you handle it?

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Never had a no show,but did have a gig around 5-6 years ago where it became apparent during the evening that the bride had "enjoyed the company" of another male guest the night before the wedding (they'd all stayed in the hotel). Obviously, the same gentleman was in attendance at the reception, and when the groom and his brothers discovered the incident, they were none too pleased.

Fortunately / unfortunately, I didn't have to manage the event...as the police dispersed them all during the massive fight that ensued afterwards!
    Jonathan Ford's Travelling Discotheque http://www.jftd.co.uk/
    Thoughtful mobile disco entertainment across the Midlands

I once had a 50th birthday that turned into a 'life celebration' inbetween booking and the actual date of the event

I was dreading it, but it turned out to be a really nice evening. Very gentle partying as you might imagine, and plenty of thought provoking messages to read out.

did a wedding a couple of weeks ago where the bride was so ill she spent the ceremony with a bucket in front of her, changed out of her dress when they arrived at the reception didn't eat anything, missed the speeches, no cutting of the cake and went home at 7.30 so no 1st dance. The groom hung around until 10 to explain to the evening guests, thanked myself, the photographer and videographer for being so understanding.

Was she hungover Mark or actually ill?

Can't give a DJ'ing example but when I was playing in bands we got asked by a landlord at a pub we played at regulary to help out with a private function. It was a payer so no problem!

We got there, set up, no drama........then this bloke comes over with a bin liner full of football strips....odd one thinks? Dumps them in our dressing room and says "just pick one that fits lads, I'll collect them after".

Having eventully collared "our mate" the landlord...he eventually coughs that the event is a fundraiser in memory of a 17 yr old lad killed in a motorbike accident a few weeks back. The shirts were that of the local village team he (the deceased) played for and the family hoped we would all wear one in his memory!

It turned out to be a cracking gig in so much as all his beered up football mates got really into the band.......however had we known...............

p.s. fee for the band went toward the air ambulance if anybody was wondering!

I once did a wedding where the groom had had a bit too much to drink during the day and went home after about ten minutes of me playing (it wasn't me, the groom's mother made sure I was aware of that!). He actually left before all but about 6 of the guests had arrived.

We still had a damn good party, though! (even if the bride was a bit miffed!).
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    It was a very hot day and she had been stressed about the day going right for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Charlie - Getting Married is the biggest day of your life - WHY ON EARTH would a bride get so drunk the night before and be in a state like that???

Of course she wasnt HUNGOVER you

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic Events View Post
    Charlie - Getting Married is the biggest day of your life - WHY ON EARTH would a bride get so drunk the night before and be in a state like that???

Of course she wasnt HUNGOVER you
    It wasn't a stupid question at all.