Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cash ISA

Default Cash ISA

Anybody got one?

I've got a grand I'd like to put away and then £250ish every month (if funds allow) How do I go about this? Who's best to go with? I'm pretty clueless but I know I'm rubbish with money so if it's locked away, at least I know I'm saving a bit.

Is there another option instead of an ISA? Grandad, who's rolling in it (tight bugger with a good business head) has got quite a bit of dosh in bonds - whatever that is? I want to avoid shares because I don't know a lot about them, except I lost £8 grand a week ago.

Thank you muchy in advance.

Is this any good? - http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/acc...direct-reward/

I've just worked out that if you put £3000 at the best rate (2.6%) you get £70 a year.

Is it really worth it?

ING is offering 3.1 % which isn't all that much either, there's probably better things you could do with your money if I think of one I'll let you know

But it's money for nothing Charlie. It's just sitting there earning interest, simple as that. I've been putting £25.00 a week away for years and it's amazing how quickly it grows.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I've just worked out that if you put £3000 at the best rate (2.6%) you get £70 a year.

Is it really worth it?
    There are riskier investment options with a greater return, but that's veering towards gambling

Come on, enlighten me.

Visit a financial advisor. I did when looking at investments for my pension and got great advise. Mine is split between more risky and 'safe' investments. Been doing it for about 8 year and all looking quite good, considering interest rates at the moment.

You lost 8k?

First Direct have an 8% regular saver, so that's best for the regular savings.
    The advantages of an ISA really show over several years when you use the allowance each year, but there's certainly nothing wrong with sticking £1000 in one.

Other options worth looking at are the National Savings Index Linked Certificates which I think are still available- this is linked to inflation +xx% (I think it's 05% plus inflation).

Riskier but with higher returns are Structured Products- google them to find out more (I use Moneyworld (a broker) to get the rebates) but make sure you know what you are going into.

In summary- an ISA is not a bad idea for the lump sum- then use FD for the regular deposits.

Invest in your company if that's how your wanting to earn your money. I know what I want to spent my next 50 grand on already
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk