Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denon MC6000 Ducking Feature

I've never used Talkover buttons, probably never will. This is partly because they aren't up to the job, and partly because I prefer to have complete control over the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    I've never used Talkover buttons, probably never will. This is partly because they aren't up to the job, and partly because I prefer to have complete control over the timing.
    Indeed. I've never found a mixer yet where the talkover actually works anywhere near how you'd want it to.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    At £725 for a DM5000 mixer or £599 for a MC6000 combined mixer and decks, I'd expect the talkover to be spot on

Again out of curiosity, are you using the USB Soundcard feature of the DM5000 or putting analogue audio through it (i.e. using it as a traditional mixer?)

Julian

i use an mep7000 with mine connected to the 5000 via the digital in and out,have been known to use the usb soundcard in the 5000 on the odd occasion with a macbook works superb

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Indeed. I've never found a mixer yet where the talkover actually works anywhere near how you'd want it to.
    seems to work fine on the djm5000 for me.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Hmmm, you'd like the MC6000 mic ducking feature improved you say...?
    Last edited by Gary; 11-01-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I've had the same experience with every Denon Mixer I've ever used (DN-X120, DN-X500, etc). The volume levels are cut dramatically and the return time is too high.

I've always just controlled the volume with the faders when talking over tracks.

Out of interest, have any Pioneer users got any feedback about their latest efforts to put "Talkover" into their products? From memory one of their newest generations of mixers had some advanced talkover technology which allowed you be heard clearly over music without the overall volume being cut?

Julian
    I have djm700 and the talkover is very good, however I never use it ! I always adjust the music volume manually ...no idea why

Within any product range there are some units better at some things than others.

Some of the Denon DJ mixers have very good, easy to use, adjustable talk over systems such as the DN-X1500, DN-X1600, DN- 1700 etc.

The more cost effective mixers such as DN-X120/300 battle mixers etc had just a basic talk over toggle switch on the mic eg: mic off/mic on/talk over Purely due to the price point and likelihood of mic use.

The feature on the MC6000 is crap, along with the Mic inputs in general.
    Pity I love this mixer but the Mics just let it down

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    The feature on the MC6000 is crap, along with the Mic inputs in general.
    Pity I love this mixer but the Mics just let it down
    Try the firmware update then. Besides myself, I've already spoken to 2 other MC6000 users who have said that now (since the update yesterday) that the mic usage is now "perfect" for them. That's the benefit of updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I would just like an assignable button so that you could adjust the talk-over level and just press when you wanted to talk, why is that soooooo difficult?
    ...the chemistry of music
    ''''

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I would just like an assignable button so that you could adjust the talk-over level and just press when you wanted to talk, why is that soooooo difficult?
    Is there really much difference between that and just using the fader? I've never used the 'Duck' feature on anything before as it's never really as responsive as I'd like it to be.