Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Website

Loved the fact you have an iphone/smartphone version, i think it will really help grow the number of enquiries/bookings received. So many people have smartphones nowadays that its only a matter of time when a dj will show up with 2 smartphones- 1 for use as a mixer and the other for music.

Maybe theres a market for iDj......maybe not!

Yas

Btw...did notice the top icons were obscuring your name on the smartphone version of the site.

The website itself is very, very good and it projects a great image.

The devil is in the detail.

You refer to yourself as a company - I'm not sure what constitutes a company but I'd have though 'business' was a better and more accurate description.

It's already been said, but some of the pictures are a bit naff. The tongue out one is pretty gross and there's a picture of your rig that looks a bit shabby. Again, compare them to some of the stunning photo's on other websites and you'll see what I mean. Why not do a mock set up somewhere, make it real tidy (straighten that star cloth, hide those cables!) and use that picture for promotion?

The text about coming from a 'rough estate' is a bit OTT. It would put me right off. Similarly, 'give me a chance' smacks of desperation. Who was that telly character with the "giz a job" catchphrase? You'll get your chance if your website is good.

Really good to see that you can get a price on-line (and a very reasonable one at that) but I got myself a quote using silly information and a location well over 100 miles from you. Your website says I need to ring you for such qoutes so the automated system should have redirected me. I'd either tighten up that system or just have a menu of prices.

I completely agree with some other comments about you seemingly wanting to change the way disco and karaoke is delivered. Why? Whats wrong with some of the buisness models you can see and read about on here?

Finally, did you notice that your PAT certificate is 51Mb - so downloading it is a bit of a chore. You don't really need to put it on your site.

Ok. so my thoughts are...

Like the design, the concept and the colour scheme.

What I think needs changing...

1) It is obvious that you have to yet complete alot of the content - it goes without saying that needs to be done before you start using the website as a marketing tool! Let us know when the updates have been done....

2) This is all fairly speculative as to who your target audince is, if for your middle of the road birthday parties then it is great!. If you want to attract the more expensive weddings and corporates then ditch the gallary until you have some decent pictures of yourself and your set up in nice locations. And the only of you I can't find is where you are not smiling ... This is important to attract people to use you.

A good scource of photographs is the website Istock, which is where I got the majority of pictures from.

2) Your front page, is your shop window. It should scream "hire me". The fact that you have only been going suggests - inexperienced. Your competitors have been going much longer, so don't draw attention to this. That fact that you "aspire to be the Number One Mobile Disco & Karaoke Company to serve the West Midlands" is fantastic, but again it suggests that you are not there yet, and again protential clients don't want this.

When writing your copy (wording) for your website, think positive, positive, positive. Focus on what you do now and do well - not what you don't do and what you aim to do in the future. Look at loads of different website, choose ones you like and why you like them - and then put that into your own website. BUT DON'T COPY CONTENT!!! .

Your website, is great and has the potentional to be seriously good, but needs a little work first!
    Ralph @ Disco Magic
    www.disco-magic.co.uk
    www.toastmasterinsurrey.co.uk

"Creating Magical Memories and Exceptional Events"

I think the instant quote make should be removed if its not accurate. Just better to have a menu of prices as already said.
    Youre really going to do a 9 hour corparate event on NYE in Germany for £225 ? I dont think some guys on here would even host a disco in thier front room for that ! Ok my mock quote was a bit extreme but it still gives the wrong idea.
    I think people would be dissapointed to get a price online that isnt correct. They may as well just email you to start with.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

As has been previously mentioned, the "Contact Us" in the navigation wraps to the next line (in IE8 WinXP), see attachment.

Also, I'm finding it very slow to initially load, which is probably down to the massive number of stylesheets and javascript being used. Try to combine and minify these where you can. It really is a lot...it might look OK once it's all loaded but technically it isn't very good at all, I'm afraid.
    Attached Images Attached Images