Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traktor - Am I missing something?

Default Traktor - Am I missing something?

I'm currently trialling(sp?) Traktor 2 LE which came bundled with my HC4500 and i'm not getting on with it at all.

Is it me, or is the way the library works a total farce? - Surely there's got to be an easier way to manage my music collection through it.

It seems to pull in my iTunes library from my mac into the collection when I don't want it to. Said iTunes library contains music from mixed compilations, my own recordings and songs, and generally things I'll never want to play when i'm DJing. It doesn't give me a simple option to 'remove from search db' like VDJ does.

My music's arranged on my HDD by decade then genre - Perfect in VDJ, just expand the folders and its all clear to see - Traktor just seems cluttered and clumsy - I don't want to set up new playlists or folders - It's already the way I like it!

Am I missing something with this program? - Everyone seems to rave about it but I'm just not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydinx View Post
    It seems to pull in my iTunes library from my mac into the collection when I don't want it to. Said iTunes library contains music from mixed compilations, my own recordings and songs, and generally things I'll never want to play when i'm DJing. It doesn't give me a simple option to 'remove from search db' like VDJ does.
    Set your music folders in configuration. There isn't i believe an option to remove from searchdb. If the file is in the music folders you choose it will be in Traktor.

My music's arranged on my HDD by decade then genre - Perfect in VDJ, just expand the folders and its all clear to see - Traktor just seems cluttered and clumsy - I don't want to set up new playlists or folders - It's already the way I like it!
    You can go to Explorer -> Music folders if you want to do it that way.

Am I missing something with this program? - Everyone seems to rave about it but I'm just not getting it.
    Stable, used by the pros and brilliant for mixing ... with a bit of practice!

I have it and still prefer Itch by a mile.

is there a way to pull and copy your Itunes files in to traktor.
    Bet there is there are allot of laptop savvy DJ's
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I have it and still prefer Itch by a mile.

is there a way to pull and copy your Itunes files in to traktor.
    Bet there is there are allot of laptop savvy DJ's
    Itunes playlists are visible within Traktor as read only.

Traktor allows you to work with files that are in the Music Folders setup in Traktor and if this includes the Itunes folder then it will let you work with Itunes files. This is because Traktor needs to do it's own analysis of the files, like most DJ software.

If specific files are to be excluded then they should be moved to an area which is not included within the Music Folders. You can then run Check Consistency to find and remove the files which will no longer be available to Traktor,

I have built lots playlists in itunes - genres etc. I then import the playlists into Traktor and work with them that way.

I really like Traktor, but I guess everyone has their preference.

I have used Traktor for a few years now and I really like it but one thing that constantly frustrates me is its inability to search for tracks at folder level. I don't think it's possible but I'd love to be proved wrong.
    ...the chemistry of music
    ''''

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I have used Traktor for a few years now and I really like it but one thing that constantly frustrates me is its inability to search for tracks at folder level. I don't think it's possible but I'd love to be proved wrong.
    Yes you can search within a folder, genre, artist, album and the search is restricted to that.

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    Yes you can search within a folder, genre, artist, album and the search is restricted to that.
    Yes, but what I mean is if you are looking for a track and you don't know what album it's on you can't search all folders (or can you?)
    ''''

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Yes, but what I mean is if you are looking for a track and you don't know what album it's on you can't search all folders (or can you?)
    Yes, just search in Track Collection. wild searching is pretty good too so 'Rob Ang' will bring back Robbie Williams Angels in the results

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    Yes, just search in Track Collection. wild searching is pretty good too so 'Rob Ang' will bring back Robbie Williams Angels in the results
    I have about 1800 tracks in "track collection". I really don't want to import the other 10,000 into "collection" as that would make browsing for inspiration practically impossible. Can you import folders to the collection without breaking them down to track level?
    ''''