Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with enquiries when you're on holiday

Default Dealing with enquiries when you're on holiday

Usually when I go away (Spain / Europe) I do end up doing a bit of work be it answering emails etc and I will answer the mobile if it's near me.

But I'm going away at the end of October and I don't want to do any work or take calls during the time I'm there. It's going to be really hard to do that but a nice work free week in Cuba is called for

So my question is how do others deal with it?

The Office phone will have a message on saying Closed until the X of X

I can set the website responder when someone enquires to a similar thing.

I'm not sure though about setting an "out of office" type reply as this would go to every email received spam included.

Any ideas on how to have some "Spirits High" freetime would be appreciated
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I did that once.... lost loads of work. I take a netbook and connect to some wifi abroad. Twice a day I check emails and reply to quotes. Just checked and the last two years I had taken 3 bookings while on holiday. So definitely has to be done. Lee

Same as lee really..I went to spain and i used there computers in the hotel.It cost me around £2 for 10 mins,that was enough time most times to respond to email etc.

I would take my ipad with me and every two/three days just check emails and copy and paste a reply saying your on holiday and will answer when your back in the office.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Answer machine message, Auto-responder & notification on my website contact page (that shows once they submit an enquiry). The last thing I want to do when on a break is think about work. If I lose work so be it. A holiday to me means switching off.

I always buy the wifi from the hotel and check via my phone once a day and send an email saying im back on such an such a day to which i will quote then.

Unfortunately, having time of in this game is harder than other businesses as clients tend to want a quote and booking there and then rather than wait for the office to be open again so they might look else where. Do what others have suggested and just check email every 2 0r 3 days while your out there to just keep things ticking over.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Answer machine message, Auto-responder & notification on my website contact page (that shows once they submit an enquiry). The last thing I want to do when on a break is think about work. If I lose work so be it. A holiday to me means switching off.
    Pretty much the same for me, sod work when on my holidays, life's just too short.

Auto responder on email, but I check every day and answer important ones that may involved new business. It happened this year and we now have a very nice 5 star hotel recommending us.

I also have one of my guys check the answer phone every couple of days and make any phone calls that are needed. The auto responder on the email tells them to ring the office for urgent enquiries. The office number gives them a mobile to ring if they need something urgently. I bought a cheap mobile to give to my man looking after things.

Thanks for all the replies and differing views.

The ipad will be coming with me but mobile can stay locked in the safe in the room.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs