Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rack-mounted screens

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Why can't you just put a simple phono splitter in the video feed?
    My plan as detailed above would need a 3 way split (one to each screen & one to the output socket) What worries me is would a 3 way split cause too much signal degradation. As the karaoke machine we have has 2 outputs, putting 2 inputs on the case seemed the most logical thing to do (& worry about whether I can link it to additional TVs at a later date)

What sort of splitter did you have in mind?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    My plan as detailed above would need a 3 way split (one to each screen & one to the output socket) What worries me is would a 3 way split cause too much signal degradation. As the karaoke machine we have has 2 outputs, putting 2 inputs on the case seemed the most logical thing to do (& worry about whether I can link it to additional TVs at a later date)

What sort of splitter did you have in mind?
    If you are using phono (RCA) plugs for the composite video input then one of these: http://www.cables4all.co.uk/phono-rc...ated-503-p.asp

To save on cabling if you just have one video input to your screens you could always use the second output from your karaoke machine for the third (and fourth) output if you decided to double up.
    ...the chemistry of music
    ''''

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

if YOu were wanting to split the signal inside the case, why not just solder 2 cables to the back of the din plate and have one yellow rca on the end of each one for each tv, this wil do exactly the same as the above splitter be cheaper and less to go wrong rattle loose and come undone, you could also then if you wanted run a patch internally to the second socket so uou have a tv out too .
    ive split the signal from my av amp at home 4 times from comp video and it works absolutly fine
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 25-08-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: U is measurement of rack space, not a bloody word!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    No, they will work also. If the split feeds were 10's of meters long then you would need to have an active splitter but you shouldn't have a problem with such short runs.
    ''''

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Soundz View Post
    why not just solder 2 cables to the back of the din plate and have one yellow rca on the end of each one for each tv,
    They are through sockets there was no soldering involved. I don't really do soldering as the experience with the Powercons showed.

Very impressive, it's a shame that I can't see them in action as early as I wanted to
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

See Above:

Last edited by Corabar Steve : Today at 05:15 PM. Reason: U is measurement of rack space, not a bloody word!

Priceless
    ''''

You cant split a video signal with a simple passive splitter because the levels will be all wrong. A video signal is terminated by a 75ohm resistor and by connecting two monitors in parallel you will be reducing that to 37.5 ohms and the 1v p-p signal will drop significantly.

At best, you will see a noticable drop in brightness and the colour will appear deeper, at worst the picture will become unstable or even resort to a blue mute screen if the TV does that in the absence of a signal.

Professional monitors have video in and out and have a switchable termination so you can loop through multiple monitors with just a single termination on the last monitor.

What you need to do the job properly is something like these...

http://cpc.farnell.com/_/210-903/vid...ter/dp/AV11812

http://cpc.farnell.com/_/60-9890/1-t...fer/dp/AV12734

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words. I had completely misunderstood the concept as described to me ( it was my fault ).

An excellent setup there, I'm mightily impressed. Food for thought.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk