Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I have converted one this year and it was higher than what her budget was, my only downfall its my scanner not working so i can't upload my pat certificate, any ideas Martin
    Buy a new scanner.

Funnily enough, I have a lovely all in one scanner/copier/printer/fax for sale....excellent machine and a bargain too..

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    ... and it has received two bids despite the budget being clearly stated
    Don't think I didn't notice that Martin.

Why not take advantage of the 'minimum price filter' and then you won't be frustrated by jobs below your threshold? Member Dashboard -> Preferences -> Minimum Pricing
    Because I am a seeker after knowledge? ( Nosey )
    Because I am an eternal optimist, who believes that the sheer magnitude of what I have to offer will make them put their hands deeper into their pockets?
    Because I often have an impish sense of humour, and may consider quoting myself? It doesn't say anywhere that I have to send out the Wembley rig to every booking. Two speakers,and amp, a laptop, a mixer and two par cans shouldn't take too long to rig.
    Because I can?

OK, two points. although a figure of £80 actually is below my threshold, I never said in my initial post that it was.
    Secondly, on the flip side of the coin, there's a quote needed for an all day wedding which may easily exceed £500.

All human life is contained therein, eh Martin?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    although a figure of £80 actually is below my threshold, I never said in my initial post that it was.
    And my response didn't imply that it was, either

Secondly, on the flip side of the coin, there's a quote needed for an all day wedding which may easily exceed £500.

All human life is contained therein, eh Martin?
    Indeed. And as a series of websites which between them target enquiries at all levels, you're bound to see more cheap gigs than premium gigs - because, guess what - it successfully targets all markets! And for every DJ getting £500 for a wedding in a nice hotel on a Saturday, there's probably 10 or 20 Sids getting £50 in local pubs and social clubs. The websites just reflect real life.

Hammy - got a camera phone? So long as we can clearly make out the specifics, a JPEG will do

You'd never get that round here!

One of the last ones to come in, for a 40th Birthday, 7 till 12, indicated a budget of around £80.
    Ha Ha. Nice to know that even after months away some things never change.

You will never get that round here either.

Interesting quote from a groom at end of a singer/DJ job on 6th October this year "That's was brilliant I can't believe we nearly didn't book you, its just Julie insisted and I am glad she did". After further investigation he felt we were too cheap, which worried him. First time I have ever had that one. Mind you after the event he was chuffed to bits he got what he did for the price.

Its trying to work out which one thinks you are too cheap and which thinks you are too much. My crystal ball is still broken, so I have no idea before quoting.

Anyway last need a disco win was earlier this week and back to £200 DJ only job, but its a Friday night in February so every little helps. That is about the level around here .
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

OK, I know when I'm beaten.

I've just received an enquiry for 25/12 /2013, which unless I need to visit Specsavers, or Vectis has put the wrong date up, is Christmas Day. Now I would need to trouser a very very signifaican fee for working that day, for as soon as Jeanette found out about my intentions, I would be remonstrated with very swiftly. And very forcibly. And painfully. For a long long time.

Obviously however, others feel differently, as at least one member intends to apply for the gig. Maybe he doesn't like all the repeats on TV.

And what is his putative financial for his efforts?

Around £60. Angela, I'm so sorry. Obviously I've done that joke so many times that even the punters are beginning to believe it. I'm left with only one course of action. I'm going outside. I may be gone some time.

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Ha Ha. Nice to know that even after months away some things never change.

You will never get that round here either.

Interesting quote from a groom at end of a singer/DJ job on 6th October this year "That's was brilliant I can't believe we nearly didn't book you, its just Julie insisted and I am glad she did". After further investigation he felt we were too cheap, which worried him. First time I have ever had that one. Mind you after the event he was chuffed to bits he got what he did for the price.

Its trying to work out which one thinks you are too cheap and which thinks you are too much. My crystal ball is still broken, so I have no idea before quoting.

Anyway last need a disco win was earlier this week and back to £200 DJ only job, but its a Friday night in February so every little helps. That is about the level around here .
    I've only had the "too cheap" remark once before, too, and I've had dozens saying "How much???!! ) so it really is a case of trying to read people's minds and seeing if you can work out what's coming next. Now, when people enquire, I tend to ask them their budget before I give any an prices. I am open to negotiation (sometimes!) and if there's a meeting place somewhere in the middle then I might give these enquiries a punt. However, when people go "My budget is around £80-£100" then I think that it's probably best to end the conversation quickly!

OK, I know when I'm beaten.

I've just received an enquiry for 25/12 /2013, which unless I need to visit Specsavers, or Vectis has put the wrong date up, is Christmas Day. Now I would need to trouser a very very signifaican fee for working that day, for as soon as Jeanette found out about my intentions, I would be remonstrated with very swiftly. And very forcibly. And painfully. For a long long time.

Obviously however, others feel differently, as at least one member intends to apply for the gig. Maybe he doesn't like all the repeats on TV.

And what is his putative financial for his efforts?

Around £60. Angela, I'm so sorry. Obviously I've done that joke so many times that even the punters are beginning to believe it. I'm left with only one course of action. I'm going outside. I may be gone some time.
    I think for me to work Christmas Day there'd need to a couple more zeros on the end of that figure!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I think for me to work Christmas Day there'd need to a couple more zeros on the end of that figure!!
    Same here. That would be the only way I'd see Boxing Day.

YAY! Way to go Shaunie Baby!!!!!!

YAY! Way to go Shaunie Baby!!!!!!
    Yay! My first wedding booking via needadisco.

Just been one put on there tonight. 18th birthday or similar. 7-11pm. Customer has stated a budget of £80.00. That was less than an hour ago and already some has indicated a bid for it and those numbers will increase by tomorrow. Who are theseIdiots?

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ