Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread: Need a Disco

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Originally there were just 3 to choose from - budget, mid-priced and quality.

Feedback from customers showed that a LOT (I'm talking 70%+) didn't have a clue about DJ costs as they very rarely if ever book one (despite us putting up a table of example costs based on actuals).

Therefore "A range of quotes" was added.

Unfortunately, for the recipient DJ, this can be vague. But everything we do is in line with customer feedback, and this 'range' feature is commonly used.

In these cases you need to look at the other information provided with the quote to determine whether or not to reply.

Hopefully, in time as we build up a decent tail of purchase data, we'll be able to provide indicative costs for any given function type, venue type or geographic area so that they can make a more informed choice and ultimately lose the 'range' option.

Yes fair enough Martin but sometimes there is very little information and your help query section isn't helpful as explained in opening post queries sent dealt with in an efficient way.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I think this is the issue.

For those who have been increasing their fees, sites like NeedADisco will becoming increasingly less relevant as by their nature they usually attract customers who are more price conscious. Not always, but usually.

But for NeedADisco specifically, new entrants to the market like Bark will have sapped away a number of enquiries. The challenge is that NeedADisco only has a market of djs. For Bark, djs is one very small part its business. It covers multiple services and has a big team and buying power to source leads.

I think Martin has done amazingly with creating the NeedADisco concept. Personally I feel the front end design has fallen behind times a bit and that may put off the more attractive leads. However, if Martin were to invest in revamping this would it generate a return for him considering the might of the likes of Bark. It's certainly now a very challenging market.
    What he said.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk