Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    They are indeed out there, and one or two are heading my way. Modesty forbids me naming any names, but check out 2015's top earners so far.
    And he keeps on going. Look what appeard on my Twitter timeline:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  15.7 KB

My guess is that Peter is going to be so minted by BPM that he's going to buy us all a drink there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post

My guess is that Peter is going to be so minted by BPM that he's going to buy us all a drink there.
    Funny you should say that.

Hilariously funny, in fact.

Good news, bad news.
    Good news, I've got a gig the night before. Regular customers, good payer, so stranger things have happened, Benny.

Bad news. Regular customers, who have an account, and pay by cheque, so sorry Benny, no small sherry for you.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I, of course, jest Peter. Glad to see that there is a consistent benefit to NaD.

You know he's from Yorkshire, right?

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

I've just taken to plunge and signed up to NAD.

Looking forward to seeing the results from this.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post

You can't really lose ....

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post

Hmmmm, how can I put this?

Get orff moi land!

Good luck with it, once you get a couple of gig with positive feedback, the whole process becomes what one might call a virtuous circle.
    Only problem is getting those first ones.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Only problem is getting those first ones.

From my own personal experience, I am very underwhelmed by NaD.

It's too much of a free for all. Case in point: there's a wedding in Birmingham with a budget of £450. Now, the majority of the enquiries that come in I quote for regardless, knowing full well that I won't be getting them because their budget is £200. But, alas, I want to meet my 10x guarantee, so I persevere (which, by the way, I've just clocked onto the fact that the data for your 10x guarantee is only taken from CLOSED enquiries. Of the 27 enquiries I've had, 7 of them have been closed - one of which was closed by NaD itself due to something dodgy about the enquiry, and yet that gig is classed as 'Pending' for me?!?). This £450 gig though is certainly closer to my price range than most enquiries, so I of course bid for it.

As it stands, 18 providers have bid for it thus far. I'm not one for going to the excuse of 'too many folk going for it' but if you were to book a DJ directly ( after a search on Google search, Yellow Pages etc.) you would enquire to three, maybe four suppliers at a time. If anybody from your initial enquiry batch doesn't click for you, you look at another three or four, and so on. Nobody enquires to 18 different suppliers in one sitting for anything. Imagine being a customer who goes home one evening after work to 18 emails. By email number 5, you're thinking to yourself "I can't be bothered with reading all of this word for word" so it becomes a scanning exercise by which point, what does it matter what your email says? I could probably throw in some made up words into the email like "pluptent" and it wouldn't register.

Oh, and one other thing that stick in my craw: according to NaD, a Premium DJ in Birmingham is £300 to £450. I charge more than £450, so what's one above Premium?

Now, I started my subscription at the tail end of March, so obviously there is a long way to go and I would love to be proven wrong, but based on what I have seen so far, I'm not optimistic.
    Last edited by Benny Smyth; 23-04-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Imagine being a customer who goes home one evening after work to 18 emails. By email number 5, you're thinking to yourself "I can't be bothered with reading all of this word for word" so it becomes a scanning exercise by which point, what does it matter what your email says? I could probably throw in some made up words into the email like "pluptent" and it wouldn't register.
    I think you’re right, it does become a scanning exercise.

From what a few of my NaD clients have told me over the years they bin the ones that just give a price and no details and any that don’t look professional, that’s probably 70% dismissed straight away. What they take notice of is well written personal replies, so in fact it’s easy to stand out from the crowd.

For me NaD isn’t my main enquiry source, I cherry pick those I like the look of and treat them as if they were a direct enquiry, which means I may quote for one or two a month at most, just getting one booking a year justifies the cost and work involved.

I could probably throw in some made up words into the email like "pluptent" and it wouldn't register.
    I find it's all about how you write your responses, if I were you I would certainly look at restructuring your gabble to ensure you get the levers across:

Music is wedding DJ Benny Smyth's speciality, in fact he was voted the no.1 Pluptent DJ in England by a fellow professional in his industry!
    His advice is acknowledged by some of the top wedding DJs and sometimes, they even agree with him!
    Don't be fooled by the cheesy plup DJs! Book the fully tent, plup Benny Smyth today!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD